Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - View Single Post - Dare I ask about oil?
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2015, 12:52 pm
ProphetPVD
Prolific Poster Award

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob T View Post
It was recommended by Ducati because it meets the same specs as many other oils, but Motul either gave it for free to Ducati or it was supplied to Ducati at a very discounted price. It is no better than any other oil of the same specification only cheaper. Oil companies are the same as bike manufacturers, a business, and as such do not exist to do nice things and make nice stuff for you, but they are there to make money.
I do not have quite so cynical a view of things. I am sure there are other lubricants that would work just as well, but really, what's the point in changing? This is what has been used in the bike since it was first run in, and it's never had a single lubricant related issue. While the "deal" between the two companies may in fact have been helped along with favorable pricing, the fact is that the engineers who specify the nominal operating environment selected 300-V because it met their needs.

ProphetPVD
'02 748R, #0954

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome