Cafe Racer Owners? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By flynbulldog
  • 1 Post By LEXngton
  • 2 Post By xKimx
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 2018, 9:49 pm Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New York, NY,
Posts: 29
Garage
Cafe Racer Owners?

Would love to hear from some owners out there on their experience with the Scrambler Cafe Racer thus far

2006 Sport Classic 1000
2009 Sport Classic GT1000
jophus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2018, 8:49 am Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New York, NY,
Posts: 29
Garage



Quote:
Originally Posted by jophus View Post
Would love to hear from some owners out there on their experience with the Scrambler Cafe Racer thus far

2006 Sport Classic 1000
2009 Sport Classic GT1000
jophus is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2018, 9:46 am
Senior Member
 
Sherpa23F's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
Posts: 390
Garage
I am also curious. Been thinking of picking one up as a commuter. Or a Sport Classic...

1996 900 SS/SP #C22, 1996 916 Corsa (ex-Ferracci), 1998 916 SPS #774, 2001 996R (US), 2001 996R (Euro), 2002 998R #481, 2011 848 EVO (Race), 2008 1098R #262, 2014 1199 Superleggera #213
Sherpa23F is online now  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2018, 11:24 am
shark wrangler
 
flynbulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Summerfield, NC, USA
Posts: 9,937
Last year I went out to the dealership and took a cafe racer for a ride. It didnt bowl me over but I thought it was OK. Then I rode the new SS, that bike, although completely different, was worlds better in every way to me which solidified my idea that the Cafe, although a beautiful machine, is just not enough bike for me.





I'd probably buy one for giggles if I could get it for around $6k but its just not worth $13000 to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170420_142208.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	578.0 KB
ID:	920946  
jophus likes this.

Vintagedesmo.com

Link to all of my bikes and builds: *Click!*
flynbulldog is online now  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2018, 8:41 pm Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New York, NY,
Posts: 29
Garage
I actually have a sport Classic and loveeeeeeee it. but want something a little more upright and a little less, third degree burns on the inside of my thighs in midtown manhattan rush hour, where if you split lanes cops taze you-ish


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa23F View Post
I am also curious. Been thinking of picking one up as a commuter. Or a Sport Classic...

2006 Sport Classic 1000
2009 Sport Classic GT1000
jophus is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2018, 8:45 pm Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New York, NY,
Posts: 29
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynbulldog View Post
Last year I went out to the dealership and took a cafe racer for a ride. It didnt bowl me over but I thought it was OK. Then I rode the new SS, that bike, although completely different, was worlds better in every way to me which solidified my idea that the Cafe, although a beautiful machine, is just not enough bike for me.


I'd probably buy one for giggles if I could get it for around $6k but its just not worth $13000 to me.
completely get and agree with you, i would neverrrrrr consider one new, or used until they fell quite a bit

2006 Sport Classic 1000
2009 Sport Classic GT1000
jophus is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Lexington, KY,
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by jophus View Post
I actually have a sport Classic and loveeeeeeee it. but want something a little more upright and a little less, third degree burns on the inside of my thighs in midtown manhattan rush hour, where if you split lanes cops taze you-ish
Iím in that exact situation and frame of mind as I too have a SC, a 2006 SC with all the mods and wouldnít part with it for all the money in the world however itís hot as hell when riding in town, especially when you hit a red light. So I bought a 2018 Scrambler CR and it gets delivered tomorrow 👍 Price was decent @ $10.5K as itís a demo but with only 400 miles. Will let you guys know my thoughts after I ride it a week or two.
jophus likes this.
LEXngton is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2018, 2:20 pm Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New York, NY,
Posts: 29
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXngton View Post
Iím in that exact situation and frame of mind as I too have a SC, a 2006 SC with all the mods and wouldnít part with it for all the money in the world however itís hot as hell when riding in town, especially when you hit a red light. So I bought a 2018 Scrambler CR and it gets delivered tomorrow 👍 Price was decent @ $10.5K as itís a demo but with only 400 miles. Will let you guys know my thoughts after I ride it a week or two.
honestly cant wait to hear your thoughts! maybe you can even throw up a quick video walk around so we can really hear what you think of the bike vs reading and trying to guess inflection

2006 Sport Classic 1000
2009 Sport Classic GT1000
jophus is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2018, 8:27 am
Junior Member
 
xKimx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Surf City, CA, USA
Posts: 14
Did you ever get one??

I just got mine!
Private party
2018 79 miles. $8800. 😁

(1st little mod too)

Waiting for fender eliminator, bmg side panels, crg mirrors...so far 😆
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2AA3B7F3-43EB-4229-9BF6-2D279032C9B4.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	930899   Click image for larger version

Name:	E4D2CB32-DA4D-41CB-AE67-F0D12FB328BC.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	594.9 KB
ID:	930901   Click image for larger version

Name:	156808B9-9C5C-4740-BA1C-130CD80248DF.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	930903  
flynbulldog and monsterlover like this.
xKimx is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 2018, 6:19 pm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Newtown, ct, usa
Posts: 8
How is the seating position compared to say a triumph Thruxton? I particularly love the look of the new 2019 with the hydraulic clutch. Iím getting old and the lean forward is getting hard in my wrists. Thanks


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
monsterlover is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Twovalve 996 cafe racer project George 996CR Tech Forum 31 Nov 24th, 2017 10:12 am
Scrambler Cafe Racer Wheel Paint Session101 Scrambler 0 Jul 6th, 2017 7:28 pm
My Ducati Cafe Racer T-Shirt Design :) s4.branden Sport Classic 2 May 24th, 2017 4:18 pm
Extending Scrambler brand with a Cafť Racer Air_Cooled_Nut Sport Classic 12 Feb 21st, 2017 6:45 am
Moto Puro Elite II Cafe Racer Timpo Superbikes 0 Apr 11th, 2016 10:00 pm

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome