Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
I no longer own Scrambler (nothing wrong with the bike!), but my observation and solutions were
• Due to no wind protection and very upright riding position with wide handle bars, I got very tired of riding highways at 70-80 mph.
• Changed the handlebars to Norman Hyde M-Bars. More tacked in and felt better riding at higher speed.
• foot pegs were way too slippery. My foot fell off of the peg more than a few times.
• Replaced the pegs with 3rd party, grippier ones.
• Often my left foot searched for non-existing 7th gear.
•*I just adjusted myself. (was coming from taller geared Ducs) You could change the sprocket if you do a lot of highway rides, but I didn't think it was needed.
Current: 2014 Hyperstrada, 1966 T120R
Gone: 2016 Scrambler Icon, 2007 SC1000S, 2013 M796, 2007 Bonnie, 2008 Street Triple, etc