Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Looking for LED fog/offroad light suggestions

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  batman137 
#1 ·
2015 multi 1200S DVT

Looking to add crash bars and some aux lights. I can't seem to find any decent LED lights with good output.

Do I have to find a set with a specific plug? I understand they will have to be added by the dealer.

UGH. This shouldn't be so hard. What are you guys using?

#4 ·
I’ve a set of Baja Designs XL80s on mine. Terrific bright and a built-in dimmer (20%) means you won’t blind anyone you don’t want. A friend runs Squadron Pros (half the power, lumen count) and he’s quite happy with them too.

The trick is to wire it outside the Ducati’s wiring. Run power from the battery direct. Connect only the switched power wire to the light’s relay (else the light will come on irrespective of the ignition state). The better lights consume so much power that the alternator might handle it, the CAN bus doesn’t. I use the Ducati auxiliary light switch to turn them on (that’s the only connection to the Ducati can bus) and the switch that came with the XL80s works as a dimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Do they make a version with a slightly wider beam? I think those are a 10 degree? 25 degrees would be nice.
Those are bright as hell, but IMO that brightness could be spread out a bit and be a little more useful?
Don't know, you will have to call them. They do have a 4 bulb LED version too. Mine are 3 bulbs. The 4 bulb maybe wider. You can always use another LED light. Baja designs have some. The controller is universal.

#10 ·
Now we are talking.

I don't like the idea of adding a non factory switch, but I like the idea of the functionality enough that I could do it.

What mount for the radiator?
Does your 2012 have a button on the left hand switchgear like mine does? Just wanting to make sure this is going to be plug and play with my 2015, or as close to it as possible.

Again, does anyone know the type of connector that the lights have to have to plug right in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.