Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Loss of gears 2013 pp 1200

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  jocww 
#1 ·
Went into work today and from a stop I stalled the bike. I looked down and it said 3rd gear weird as it wouldn't go down any further. I was able to shift into 4th 5th and 6th on the free way but wasnt able to go down to 4th. Get to work and it sits for 10 hours and now I can do 4th and 5th but not 6th. I still don't have 1,2 or 3rd gears. I just did a fluid flush of brakes and clutch 2 days and about 150 miles ago. I need help asap please.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#5 ·
+1. They are good for about 20K miles and then they fail. When I first got my bike with just a couple of miles on it, a local indy told me the shift return spring would fail at 20K miles and it did. It's a weak link/design common to several Ducati models - not just the Multistrada. Way to go Ducati. :(

#3 ·
is that hard to replace/ fix? i need to do some research, hopefully i can do it myself, and not spend a fortune at a shop to have it done:(

#8 ·
22830, i just put a new battery and changed the fluids. I thought maybe i had done the clutch fluid wrong, but yea it probably is the spring. I was quoted 597 to do it at a shop in SF. I am going to try and see where else there is to go. On my evo I had advanced cycles do it, but they were closed so Ill have to call tomorrow.

Reactions: Steve W.
#9 ·
A creative/experienced shop will have a "hook in the ceiling" above their service stand to suspend the bike over at enough of an angle so the oil doesn't have to be drained when pulling the side covers to change these springs. (That is of course if the oil doesn't need changing anyway.) Saves some time and a fair percentage of the job's cost.

#12 ·
I am going to go to Nichols as well, I was going to go to advanced but they were slightly more, and they are so backed up it would take until middle of next week. Nichols can get it back by the end of the week. So i will be heading there. He quoted off the phone 375.

#17 ·
William fixed it up fast. It was done on Thurs, and I picked it up today. He sold me on a new rear tire soooooooooo that 375 otd, went otd and it became 700:nerd::nerd:. But hopefully I can now sell it, since 22,5 service is done, new tire and bat and clutch springs. Hopefully I can find somebody to give me 9.5 for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.