New owner, what to expect - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2019, 4:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by harun View Post
I own my Pike Peaks 2013 since a month.I already rode around 3000 km.It looks great bike.Only issue I' ve, it heats too much.Temperature from engine to my butt kills me.I hope I got used to it by time
Ha! Is that what is going on? I honestly thought for a day I had a seat heater turned on my new-to-me 2012 MTS 1200S!
harun likes this.

Last edited by littlebob; Aug 28th, 2019 at 4:27 pm. Reason: clarity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Garage
Me 2

Sounds like I am in a similar situation. This past month, I too bought a new to me 2014 MTS GTS. It had 8400mi on the clock. I paid what I think was a fair price. So, Here is my story.
In 2012, I was in Italy visiting relatives. My cousin, knew a guy, who knew a guy whos next-door neighbors dog-sitters wife knew a guy who owned a Ducati - Moto Guzzi Dealer in the area.( typical Italian "I know a guy" type relationship). He took me there, and I saw a MTS for the first time. The owner asked me "e' tu piace'" (you like it?)
I said yes, and with that , he tossed me the key fob. I took it for a spin down the winding roads of a province which I barley knew and immediately fell in love with it. The handling, braking and sitting position were unmatched to anything I had ridden to that point.
Mind you, I had my share of sport and sport-tour bikes in the past. A few enduro bikes, three wheeler s when I was a kid, etc, etc. To me, this was like riding a XR600 Honda equipped with a FJ1200 seat and a GSXR750 motor. Yeah, I might be exaggerating a bit, but hell, I was in Italy, so fuck it.
After returning this fine machine to the dealership some 30 minutes later, I said to myself that one day, I'd own one. That day came a month ago, when I bought it.
At age 50, I decided to take the advice of the meme where the worlds most interesting man says "Life is short, buy the damn motorcycle."
I have no regrets.
La vita dolce'
harun likes this.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2019, 11:38 pm

Nothing but addiction is what you can expect. In mid May of this year traded in my beloved BMW S1000rr on a 2018 Pikes Peak and have just 1 regret. I should have bought this bike instead of my S1000rr back in 2013. I got her so that I could enjoy the ride more and to slow me down. Well it kinda worked, I enjoy the ride way more and it kinda slowed me down. Keeps me from pushing the 300 number, but doesn’t stop me from pushing 220-240, lol. I absolutely love this bike! I think about riding her all the time whenever I’m not. I already have 18k on her and zero issues. If the weather cooperates and I can get another 4-6 weeks of riding in, then I might even hit the 30k service before the season is done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in