Termi or Akro full system - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2019, 7:41 am Thread Starter

Termi or Akro full system

Ok back in the Multi fold after many years. Pick up a new 2019 PP next week was just wondering about the two options. Im an akro guy all day long but the termi comes with a map upgrade
Happy to go a different direction if there is better solution

Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2019, 9:17 am

You know either of those modifications will void your warranty. At least that's what my dealer told me when I asked about a Decat.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2019, 11:28 am

Garage
The dealer installed Termignoni will not void your warranty. It's part of the official accessory catalogue.
However, it's ugly as sin compared with the carbon end piece of your new Pikes Peak.
The Akra is much slicker in design but will require a RapidBike fuel controller to make it run at peak efficiency.
On that note, Rapid Bike has a technical cooperation arrangement with Akrapovič.

Notwithstanding the above, the stock fueling on the 1260 is amazing and the exhaust tone isn't bad either.
The volume is acceptable yet not too loud. Something to consider if you're going to spend several hours on the saddle.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak All purpose fun
2016 Monster 1200 R Rambunctious fun

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2019, 8:52 pm

Don't you think you ought to test ride the bike first? You might like the fueling and sound as is.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2019, 8:58 pm Thread Starter

Why would I do something smart like that my friend. Just need to take time off work so we can ride and get food.
All will be good ......
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2019, 10:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrew View Post
Why would I do something smart like that my friend. Just need to take time off work so we can ride and get food.
All will be good ......
It's already good...you just need to get back in the pool with the rest of us lucky bastards.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2019, 6:39 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibyrnes View Post
You know either of those modifications will void your warranty. At least that's what my dealer told me when I asked about a Decat.
In the US, mods cannot void the warranty unless they're proven to cause damage - so no exhaust mods won't void your warranty.

However... full systems are not road legal so many dealers in the US won't install them.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 13 Ural (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2019, 12:46 pm

I’m in the market for an exhaust myself. I’ve been going back and forth for a couple months now.
The full Termignoni setup is the most expensive exhaust system, but looks the least developed. All function, very little form. The only thing it has going for it in my opinion, is it’s branded by Ducati and includes the new fuel map.

The full Akrapovic titanium system and the Arrow titanium Works system not only look better, but they’re quite a bit cheaper (especially the Arrow), and they sound awesome. I can get either the Akrapovic or Arrow setups and a Rapid Bike EVO for less than the Termignoni. AND I don’t have to bring my bike to the dealer and pay them to have the new fuel map uploaded.
I’m leaning towards the Arrow Works with the Rapid Bike EVO.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2019, 6:31 pm

Garage
@AK-Bandit
Big fan of the quality of SC-Project and QD. Take a look at those also. Yes the Rapidbike will be necessary but boy, does it work well.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak All purpose fun
2016 Monster 1200 R Rambunctious fun
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2019, 7:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
@AK-Bandit
Big fan of the quality of SC-Project and QD. Take a look at those also. Yes the Rapidbike will be necessary but boy, does it work well.
I definitely looked at the SC Project exhaust. I don't have any personal experience with them, but they get great reviews. They seem to lean towards the racing side of exhaust systems, so I didn't know how loud it would be. I emailed them a couple weeks ago asking what their quietest can is and they replied saying their oval muffler would be the most tame option they offer for the Multistrada. I've just never heard one, so I didnt know how it could compare to the Akra or Arrow cans. I'll check out the QD line as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in