2018 Multi has been in the shop for month...:( - Page 6 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2019, 8:58 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
80,000 plus KMs on my Multi (2010) and not one single issue, PS i have 2 KTMs for back up, just in case.
Yeah, my back up is a 2016 SDR special edition, lol. I know these are good bikes....I just got a bad one. My luck.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal Labotamy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 2019, 10:57 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyst View Post
If this is the case...

I skimmed over the rest of the forum so I'm not sure if this has been ruled out, but the only way id see you NOT losing money is a Lemon Law claim with new bikes losing value so quickly. If its fixed, you'd have to sell it as used and lose a couple thousand where if you had a Lemon law claim all financing fees (If applicable), taxes, dealer fees etc. would be refunded.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong by all means.
In most states, the only way a lemon law can be enacted is that there be a substantial defect and that it happens more than a few times after being repaired. One thing that generally doesn't affect lemon laws are timeframe of the repairs. Your bike could be in the shop for a year and it's not going to matter.
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2019, 7:39 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
In most states, the only way a lemon law can be enacted is that there be a substantial defect and that it happens more than a few times after being repaired. One thing that generally doesn't affect lemon laws are timeframe of the repairs. Your bike could be in the shop for a year and it's not going to matter.
That is not true at all.....most laws have a clause that relates to it being in the shop for 30 consecutive days or more.....

"To qualify for relief, you must only report a defect or non-conformity in your automobile to the manufacturer, by and through its authorized dealers, within eighteen (18) months after the date of delivery or eighteen thousand (18,000) miles driven on the vehicle, whichever occurs first. I.C. 24-5-13-7. While the Indiana Lemon Law requires a consumer to provide a vehicle manufacturer with a total of four (4) attempts or thirty (30) days to repair a defect or non-conformity that substantially impairs the use, value, or safety of the vehicle, the repair attempts may occur throughout the lifetime of the vehicle. I.C. 24-5-13-8. Therefore, even if you first reported your problems to the dealer at 17,999 miles or at seventeen (17) months and twenty (20) days after your purchase, you may qualify for relief under the Indiana Lemon Law".

post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2019, 10:53 am

Hmmm. So it's substantial defect and (not an OR) multiple repair attempts, unless the repair blows past 30 days? My mistake if that's true. I had a potential lemon issue with a new car years ago and the time issue never came up, just the number of times it was in the shop for the same thing. And damn - over the course of a year I had to be close to the 30 days.

Maybe you have more lemon power than I thought you have. With your bike I'd probably invoke the lemon law and start arbitration. You'd think they would have been in a rush to get your bike fixed knowing time was running out.
CRFan1 likes this.
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2019, 12:32 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Hmmm. So it's substantial defect and (not an OR) multiple repair attempts, unless the repair blows past 30 days? My mistake if that's true. I had a potential lemon issue with a new car years ago and the time issue never came up, just the number of times it was in the shop for the same thing. And damn - over the course of a year I had to be close to the 30 days.

Maybe you have more lemon power than I thought you have. With your bike I'd probably invoke the lemon law and start arbitration. You'd think they would have been in a rush to get your bike fixed knowing time was running out.
Looks like a resolution will be found on Tuesday...and that is, Ducati is going to give me an allowance above and beyond trade in value. Waiting to see what that "allowance" will be. I know at this point I do not want the bike back.

post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Garage
My 2006 Multi has been great all these years. I really hope your situation gets resolved soon because the Multi really is a great model. Hoping what you have is a fluke and you get to enjoy it soon enough

FS 2006 Multi 1000DS - 7,8XX miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in