2018 Multi has been in the shop for month...:( - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2019, 11:32 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
I am in a similar dilemna....I paid big money for this bike even with a 5 year warranty and the full termi/map. I am not going to settle for a repair...if they find something I want a new motor or the bike is gonna be sold or traded. This really sucks quite honestly and if I didn't have another bike I would be supremely pissed!

what are the lemon laws in Indiana? In CA you have 18 months, and the bike has to be out of service for 30 days (total, not consecutive)...u might have a case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2019, 12:35 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhblaze1 View Post
what are the lemon laws in Indiana? In CA you have 18 months, and the bike has to be out of service for 30 days (total, not consecutive)...u might have a case.
Similar in IN but I bought it in IL....and I am not sure IL has a lemon law for motorcycles. Could I lemon it based on where I live or where I bought it? It has been out of commission for over 30 days now....

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal Labotamy!
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2019, 1:01 pm

Garage
Lemon law is based upon where you registered the bike, not where you bought it.

If you haven't personally engaged with Ducati North America yet, I would suggest you do so. I don't mean through the dealership, call them directly, leave a message, tell them you're not happy and explain why. I can't promise you they will make it right to your satisfaction, but they do care about stuff like this. If all your communications are going through the dealer, though, it's unlikely that DNA knows you are upset. I dealt with a similar situation earlier this year and once I made that phone call, things started to happen.

post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkrind View Post
I've been told it's a Euro 4/Euro 5 emissions thing. Gearing the bike tall gives them some advantage based on the current testing methodology.
I've heard that but the Diavel uses the same engine and is 15/43 so I'm not sure that is adds up.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2019, 2:16 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXSPwr View Post
Lemon law is based upon where you registered the bike, not where you bought it.

If you haven't personally engaged with Ducati North America yet, I would suggest you do so. I don't mean through the dealership, call them directly, leave a message, tell them you're not happy and explain why. I can't promise you they will make it right to your satisfaction, but they do care about stuff like this. If all your communications are going through the dealer, though, it's unlikely that DNA knows you are upset. I dealt with a similar situation earlier this year and once I made that phone call, things started to happen.
Agreed...I will be calling them because at the end of the day, they WILL be adding on to my Warranty at a minimum!

post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2019, 2:19 pm Thread Starter

Ok so an update from the dealer. After tear down, it was found that the vertical cycling has an out of spec Wrist pin/small end bearing and there is excessive play. The tech said there is no real "wear" but that pin is out of spec by about 4 thousandths of an inch. They submitted their finds to Ducati and now I am awaiting a path to repair. At this point its either a new motor or the have to split cases to replace a connecting rod, etc. God only knows how long this will all take but stay tuned......
suruppak likes this.

post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2019, 3:36 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXSPwr View Post

I second this.

My dealership happens to be incredibly awesome, but when my problem first arose I didn't know how good they were and wasn't going to take a chance that they would not take my case as seriously as I wanted. I called DNA the day I dropped the bike off and let them know just how unhappy I was. They called me weekly to check in. Gave me options on taking repairs + comp or full refund.

They only thing I'd say is that while they are very willing to work with you, expect them to do so at a snail's pace. I'm 3 months out and only getting finalized settlement this week.
CRFan1 likes this.
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 2019, 7:28 am Thread Starter

Oh and yes, I did open up a case with Ducati North America.....things are in motion.

post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 2019, 10:12 am

Glad to hear. My bike's been in the shop for eleven days as they wait on parts, hoping for a fix by the end of this week. That's not bad I guess, but I've only owned the bike for 30 days. At least it's in the shop when it's 110 degrees outside.
CRFan1 likes this.
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2019, 12:24 am

FWIW, I should get my bike back next Tuesday. Most of that time is simply waiting on parts (valve cover gasket for leaking oil). So it hasn't been a dealer issue on troubleshooting but it's been an execution issue since parts have to come from Italy.
CRFan1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode