1260 odd icons - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 6:51 pm Thread Starter

1260 odd icons

Noticing 2 icons my 15 didn't have. Haven't found anything in the manual about them. There's what appears to be a green low beam indicator on the screen. Never seen this before on a moto. This is not the aux light icon, it has vertical lines through the slanted ones. And I don't have aux lights. This does go out when the high beams are selected, which lights the blue light on the outside of the screen.

Also have this rear shock indicator on the left switch with a down arrow. Almost looks like there could be a shortcut switch to adj rear shock but there is none. Shock must be adjusted through the menu as usual. Any 1260 owners know what's up with these? Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 6:57 pm

Garage
@Tamworth
I've noticed the first one where it indicated the headlights are on as opposed to just the running lights. Useless IMHO.
Can't comment on the second as I have not seen that although I don't have Skyhook.
P.S. also in Ottawa

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak ------ 2016 Monster 1200 R
Panigale 959 (gone but not forgotten)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 7:16 pm

Hi Tamworth,

1260S, right?

The green light is a low beam indicator (pg 289 of the manual) when the engine is running. Not on when the system is first turned on and only parking lights active.

And yes, the shock symbol with the down arrow on the left switch block is as shortcut. It indicates that to adjust the rear preload “on-the-fly” (manual recommends doing so when stopped) you can push and hold the down arrow on the switch block to enter the Load Mode menu and select rider, rider + passenger, etc.

All the symbols with a solid fill indicate “push and hold” whereas those with just an outline mean “click”.

Hope that helps :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 7:40 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliskr View Post
Hi Tamworth,

1260S, right?

The green light is a low beam indicator (pg 289 of the manual) when the engine is running. Not on when the system is first turned on and only parking lights active.

And yes, the shock symbol with the down arrow on the left switch block is as shortcut. It indicates that to adjust the rear preload “on-the-fly” (manual recommends doing so when stopped) you can push and hold the down arrow on the switch block to enter the Load Mode menu and select rider, rider + passenger, etc.

All the symbols with a solid fill indicate “push and hold” whereas those with just an outline mean “click”.

Hope that helps :-)
Yea that's great. I think my 15 had the same, running lights on ignition and headlights on startup. Or maybe it didn't have running lights, who knows, it's gone now ha. So the shock is a shortcut to the menu, makes sense. Yes, not pushing and holding to memorize is often why people's settings won't stick. Defiantly nicer menus than the 15
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 7:43 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamworth View Post
nicer menus than the 15

For sure! And even the bluetooth works better!

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 7:45 pm

Garage
Quote:
Actually pleased with the Bluetooth. I have more features than using the Cardo Palktalk as a stand-alone.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak ------ 2016 Monster 1200 R
Panigale 959 (gone but not forgotten)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 7:52 pm

Agreed. Not wanting to highjack Tamworths post, but I now have consistent connectivity between my iPhone (XS), Packtalk Bold, and Garmin zumo 595 (it was still a challenge with compromises - the Multi or the Garmin as the “centre of the world”?) but all usuable now and controllable from the Multi multimedia system.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 7:53 pm Thread Starter

I find the phrasing in the manual is confusing at times. Plus having diagrams on one page and the legend opposite is actually for the diagram on the next page. Or the mysterious description of the turn sig cancel "strategy". Like the 15, the sigs don't seem to show any sign of self canceling. For some reason I can't meet the requirements for self canceling

twisting turning road
look so cool, folks are staring
blinker's on for miles
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 7:55 pm Thread Starter

Quote:

But I'm still using an old Galaxy S5 and it won't have anything to do with duc's bluetooth, which is cool with me
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2019, 8:02 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamworth View Post
the sigs don't seem to show any sign of self canceling. For some reason I can't meet the requirements for self canceling
LOL!
But that is strange - the self-cancelling works really well for me. 100% of the time after intersections or roundabouts etc. Mixed results when lane changing/overtaking though. Sometimes they do, sometimes not - seems to depend a little on lean angle & sharpness of turn - ideally not present when doing either! :-)

It is also quite well timed - my wife’s BMW F700GS leaves them on that little bit too long.

I find the feature really handy - wish my other bikes had it as well!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode