Leo Vince decat pipe intall issue - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2019, 2:28 pm Thread Starter

Leo Vince decat pipe intall issue

I finally broke down and purchased the Leo Vine mid-pipe. As I was trying to remove the front cylinder pipe, one of the bolts broke off because of excessive rust. Does anyone know how difficult (costly) it is to replace this and the best way to remove the other bolts without creating the same problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2019, 3:02 pm

Penetrating lube days in advance and maybe try loosen bolts when bike is hot.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 2:52 pm Thread Starter

I was finally able to remove the catalytic converter and am ready to install the Leo Vince pipe. I have a couple of questions:

1. The Leo Vince doesn't seem to want to fit into the front cylinder pipe. The rear cylinder pipe went right in but the front doesn't slide together properly
2. When I connect the rear cylinder to the LV, the mounting hole doesn't line up with the bracket that the cat was bolted to. I tried to realign a few times but can't get it high enough to line up with the bracket on the frame.
3. When removing the front cylinder pipe, I snapped off one of the bolts. Does anyone know how to remove/replace it?

Thanks for the help

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 8:48 am
Sco

Almost sounds like the wrong LV pipe , mine lined up and installed relatively easy , in regards to the snapped bolt Try drilling it out with a counter clockwise drill bit .

2011 Multi S - Laser cut Filmguard , Evotech rad guard , Ohlins Mechtronic ECU
Tuneboy-Tune Edit,CC,QS, Leo Vince decat, MWR performance air filter
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 11:44 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Almost sounds like the wrong LV pipe , mine lined up and installed relatively easy , in regards to the snapped bolt Try drilling it out with a counter clockwise drill bit .
It said right on the box it was for a Ducati Multistrada 1200. I specified the year when I bought it so I'm not sure if there's a difference. Everything seems correct except for the mounting bolt. It's about an inch lower than the bracket. I thought maybe I didn't have the rear cylinder link pipe in far enough.
There's a Youtube video on the installation. I messaged the guy who posted it and he said he had to cut about 2mm off it for it to fit
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2019, 5:10 pm

Do you need to use that little rubber dogbone looking thing that's about an inch long with holes in the ends for bolts?

Current bikes: 2014 Ducati Multistrada S Touring
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2019, 5:17 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcv57 View Post
I was finally able to remove the catalytic converter and am ready to install the Leo Vince pipe. I have a couple of questions:

1. The Leo Vince doesn't seem to want to fit into the front cylinder pipe. The rear cylinder pipe went right in but the front doesn't slide together properly

2. When I connect the rear cylinder to the LV, the mounting hole doesn't line up with the bracket that the cat was bolted to. I tried to realign a few times but can't get it high enough to line up with the bracket on the frame.

3. When removing the front cylinder pipe, I snapped off one of the bolts. Does anyone know how to remove/replace it?

Thanks for the help
I'm in the same situation with the front header bolts, all 3 in my case. Like mentioned already, soak in penetrant, try heat with torch, tap with hammer to maybe break loose, drill and ez-out or retap/helicoil. I have the danmoto mid and seems i may need to trim a little of the front to get that pipe fully on and flush to head.

Current bikes: 2014 Ducati Multistrada S Touring
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Before drilling an aluminum head try to weld a nut onto the broken stud, the heat from the welder plus the nut as the pivot point, that stud should come out no problem.
Done it before, not on my multi but it's a trick that works quite well.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"](2007 S4Rs, 2004 MV Brutale, 2006 999R, 2007 1098S Tricolore, 2010 1198S Corse, 2010 SFS) SOLD, 2012 Multi PP (SOLD), 2006 999S, 2016 Multi PP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode