Multistrada 1260 DP comfort seat - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2019, 9:59 am Thread Starter

Multistrada 1260 DP comfort seat

Has anyone tried this yet? Any reviews or feedback? It says it’s 20 mm higher than the stock seat with more cushion. The price seems reasonable at $300.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2019, 11:19 am

Garage
Where did you find it for $300??? If you are referring to the DP/Touratech comfort seat, it retails for over $500, right at 1k for both rider and passenger seats. They'd sell a lot more of them if they were $300 a piece.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2019, 11:58 am Thread Starter

I think it’s new for the 1260

$300 retail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	903F1A1F-6552-42F6-91C7-9C5BF7E78571_1558285115953.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	943515  

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkcrf View Post
Has anyone tried this yet? Any reviews or feedback? It says itís 20 mm higher than the stock seat with more cushion. The price seems reasonable at $300.
Yes, I bought one a few weeks ago and have about 1500 miles on it. Meh. IMHO it's an improvement over the stock seat, but I am certainly missing my Saddlemen gel seat from prior Multis...which they are not making for the 1260...yet. Seats are quite individual, but I found the seams on the stocker bothered me under my thighs and it pushed me forward towards the tank. The Comfort seat is a bit firmer and wider at the back and in the lower position is almost the same height as the stock in the high position. But it still slides me forward, and I'm up on the pegs quite a bit to give my ass a break. I will be talking to Saddlemen this week to see if they are going to make one for the 1260, and if not, if they can do a gel insert into the Comfort seat. I'm not a fan of either the Sargeant or the Corbin as they impair my sliding to the side and getting my weight inside turns.
Hope this helps....ymmv.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2019, 7:43 pm Thread Starter

Thanks motozen, appreciate the feedback. Are you in Boulder? I went to CU and will be riding through there in August with a couple friends, 2 Multistradas and a GS, boulder canyon to Nederland to Estes park.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Let me know how you solve the seat problem, and if I can help in any way while you're here.

They've started repaving Boulder Canyon so better check to see if it's finished by August. Better riding up other canyons to Peak to Peak: Golden Gate, Coal Creek, Hwy 7 out of Lyons (if they're done repaving that as well).

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2019, 8:41 am

I tried the Ducati comfort seat on my 1200 - sucked so bad I won't try another on the 1260.

For the 1260, I have tried a Corbin and the Sargent foam replacement:

Corbin - huge, wide, flat, comfortable. Unfortunately too tall for me.

Sargent - very little extra height, removed most of the forward lean, cost about $300. This is the one I am keeping.

2018 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motozen View Post
Yes, I bought one a few weeks ago and have about 1500 miles on it. Meh. IMHO it's an improvement over the stock seat, but I am certainly missing my Saddlemen gel seat from prior Multis...which they are not making for the 1260...yet. Seats are quite individual, but I found the seams on the stocker bothered me under my thighs and it pushed me forward towards the tank. The Comfort seat is a bit firmer and wider at the back and in the lower position is almost the same height as the stock in the high position. But it still slides me forward, and I'm up on the pegs quite a bit to give my ass a break. I will be talking to Saddlemen this week to see if they are going to make one for the 1260, and if not, if they can do a gel insert into the Comfort seat. I'm not a fan of either the Sargeant or the Corbin as they impair my sliding to the side and getting my weight inside turns.
Hope this helps....ymmv.
Another response from Boulder about the 1260 Ducati Comfort Seat: I seem to recall it's about 1/4" - 1/2" higher than the standard seat, largely because it does not slope down to the front like the stock one. Side-by-side, the visual differences are subtle. The foam is quite firm and I think that I will still need a supplement (Moto Skiveez or Air Hawk) for high mileage days. So far, my maximum single day mileage has been about 100 miles, which did not present a problem. I have not used the stock seat on my 2018 Multi 1260S but I recall the stock seat on the demo bikes in low position slid me down constantly into the fuel tank. This does not happen on the comfort seat. I regard it as $300 well spent even if long distance touring will require additional comfort measures.

They told me to act my age: so I'm riding like there's no tomorrow!

2008 Ducati Sport 1000 Biposto
2005 Kawasaki ZZR1200
1957 Velocette Venom
1983 Suzuki GS750ES (passed to next generation)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2019, 10:46 pm Thread Starter

Motozen and Bolder Biker, did you have to keep the risers on the passenger seat if you installed the comfort seat without the risers since it is taller?

Maybe you can join us for the ride to Nederland or Estes park if the timing works out.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 12:24 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkcrf View Post
Motozen and Bolder Biker, did you have to keep the risers on the passenger seat if you installed the comfort seat without the risers since it is taller?

Maybe you can join us for the ride to Nederland or Estes park if the timing works out.
Yes, the "elastic support" is kept on the passenger seat as I suspect that the main increase in height on the comfort seat is towards the front (to keep it flat).

They told me to act my age: so I'm riding like there's no tomorrow!

2008 Ducati Sport 1000 Biposto
2005 Kawasaki ZZR1200
1957 Velocette Venom
1983 Suzuki GS750ES (passed to next generation)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode