Excessive vibrations on fron brake deposit! MTS '17 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By duc96cr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2019, 6:16 am Thread Starter

Excessive vibrations on fron brake deposit! MTS '17

Hi! i have a DVT multistrada 2017 and not long ago im watching that the front brake fluid deposit vibrates a lot when going about 120-140 kms/h. The clutch deposit barely moves but this, is insane the vibrations..

What can be??

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2019, 8:04 am
Prolific Poster Award

Every engine has a rev range where it vibrates more than normal. Every engine has a rev range where it is happy and smooth. You need to select a gear where your rpmís are in the happy engine range for the speed you are going. You do not have to ride in high gear when it results in excessive vibration. Either select another gear, or install a sprocket that results in your engine being in the smoothest rpm range for the type of riding you do.
Wolverine1 likes this.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 10:32 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc96cr View Post
Every engine has a rev range where it vibrates more than normal. Every engine has a rev range where it is happy and smooth. You need to select a gear where your rpm’s are in the happy engine range for the speed you are going. You do not have to ride in high gear when it results in excessive vibration. Either select another gear, or install a sprocket that results in your engine being in the smoothest rpm range for the type of riding you do.
It is not a question of rpm. It is a question of speed. The other deposit does not vibrate at all. And time ago didn't do that.
I don't know if it is a problem of screws or the joint. But it is not normal how does it vibrate. If I could post a video but it is a bit dangerous to do that haha hahaha

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 10:13 pm

Here, do you want to borrow my new Go Pro.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	606.2 KB
ID:	943405  

multistrada 1200.. 2010... Black with full system...2016 KTM 1290 GT. Remus can and link pipe.2005 KTM 640...Titanium full system.. 2016 MV Rivale,Termi exhaust.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 1:05 pm

Just a point of clarity for future googling of the topic...

While concerns about pad deposition and deposits on the front rotors are a frequent discussion on this site, with vibration being one of the symptoms, thatís not what weíre talking about here.

The issue OP is having is with the front brake reservoir vibrating, while the clutch fluid reservoir does not And for that issue, Iíd look at where and how the two reservoirs are mounted, if both had rubber dampers, if the hardware is tight. I canít compare on my bike has Iíve replaced both clutch and brake levers and cylinders with Brembo RCS models, so my mounting isnít the same.

Assuming everythingís tight, I wouldnít worry about it. The brake fluid doesnít care if itís been vibrated. At most, I might play with sticking a couple of wheel weights on the reservoir to maybe change the resonant frequency and see if that helps.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 1:20 pm

That whole hand guard piece is a needlessly complicated design , ridiculous reservoir mounting tabs, stuff mounted and routed awkwardly. I can make no sense of the design. My res vibrates like that but only as I pass through certain rev ranges
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 3:37 pm
Prolific Poster Award

If it vibrates too much the bracket will eventually fatigue and crack/ break so if it is worrisome now Iíd try bracing it or reinforcing it in some way before you end up having to buy a new bracket. Besides, it could potentially aerate the fluid. As a cheap fix ,you might think about some silicone sealer built up where it canít be easily seen , or stick on wheel weights. Are you sure itís not a certain rpm band making it vibrate ? As my doctor tells me ď If it hurts when you do that, then donít do that ď if itís rpm, you can regear to get past that rpm. If itís speed, go a little slower or a little faster. I had a motor home that vibrated at 45 mph, or from 43 to 48 mph. Do you think I could get my wife to drive 42 or 49 mph ? No way in hell. 45 was the speed limit. Therefore I spent thousands trying to get the motor home to not vibrate at 45 mph. Sometimes there is an easy fix, if youíre willing to take it.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode