Display shifted to Metric - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By t-bills

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2019, 6:35 pm Thread Starter

Display shifted to Metric

Anybody have this happen? Since I installed my SC Project exhaust several months ago, I had just tucked up the cable to the exhaust valve out of the way and left the exhaust valve actuator installed. Me being me I wanted to eliminate the actuator, so I obtained a little bypass plug and yesterday I removed the actuator and installed the plug. Problem is, when I power up the bike the display is metric. Here's what I have tried: I have disconnected the battery in what I assume is a "reboot" of the ECU, I have re plugged the actuator, both before and after the reboots, have tried to change the unit of measurement as the owners manual instructs, holding down the flash and reset buttons (doing this only kicks me into the riding mode change menu, single, with luggage, two up, two up with luggage), so that doesn't seem to be correct either. Anybody have any experience with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2019, 6:59 pm
Sophomore Member

From the sounds of it, I'm guessing you have a 2010-2014 Multistrada. Any time you disconnect the battery, it will default back to metric. To change between the two, with the bike off, hold down the high beam flash and turn signal cancel while powering up the bike. This should display "units" which will let you switch everything.
AK-Bandit likes this.

Thomas Williams
2018 Multistrada PP, 2012 Hypermotard 1100 Evo SP, 1995 900SS/SP
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2019, 8:43 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bills View Post
From the sounds of it, I'm guessing you have a 2010-2014 Multistrada. Any time you disconnect the battery, it will default back to metric. To change between the two, with the bike off, hold down the high beam flash and turn signal cancel while powering up the bike. This should display "units" which will let you switch everything.
That was the solution, thanks! I now remember that I needed to do that when I installed the battery last December, but for some reason I was now thinking that the bike would power up in the US default Then I misread the instructions and tried practically everything but the correct sequence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in