Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2019, 5:11 pm

Garage
Shoei Neotec II
sixfive likes this.

2017 Multistrada 950
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2019, 5:16 pm

Garage
I've been using a GT-Air for several years and love it! The internal flip-down tinted visor is awesome. On really hot days, I ride with the clear main up and it down. Last Oct, I had a minor trackday off with it, so I've ordered new GT-Air 2's for me and my wife. They are due in within a week or so. Give one a try, you may well like it. It's a pretty quiet helmet.

'10 MTS1200 S
'00 VTR1000f

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2019, 5:47 pm

Garage
+1 on the GT-Air.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2019, 6:00 pm

I have a GT-Air and now a Neotec II, with the Neotec essentially being the exact same as the GT but modular. Both have been fantastic. The Neotect II and I think the newer GT-Air both have internal Sena options as well. I have the Sena SRL in my Neotec II and really like the streamlined nature of the whole thing. It can still be maddening to use occasionally, but I had a Cardo before and thought it had the same UX issues.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2019, 7:03 pm

GT Air for 4 years now. Light, love venting front, back, chin vent not very noticeable since i don't use neck muffler. easy removable pads for washing, well worth $. 1 handed easy gloved operation of sun shield. lighter than my Shark EVo modular. remember to remove pads before purchase to see date of manufacture. i have seen helmets 2 years old sitting in inventory. next helmet i wanna try is no shield for further lightness.

2006 ST3s
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Garage
I have both a GT-Air and a Neotec II, and while I would buy another GT-Air, I regret the Neotec II purchase. The Sena SRL is the only comms device you can really fit to the Neotec II, and it's a poorly designed system that makes too many functional compromises in the name of appearances. The buttons on the SRL were designed for form before function, and are the worst UI Sena has created for a comms system.

The Neotec II is also a much louder helmet than the GT-Air, the modular hinge being responsible for the difference. I can comfortably wear the GT-Air without earplugs for anything but a full day of highway riding. Neotec II, earplugs are a requirement for anything more than a quick trip to the store. On the other hand, the utility of a modular helmet is hard to do without, once you've experienced it.

Both are very well made helmets. Both would be better if they had a visor notch that was about 3mm above full closed. Shoei has known about that complaint for years, they don't appear to be in a hurry to fix it. I guess if you want a helmet that can vent via the visor, you just buy another brand.
Gadgetech likes this.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXSPwr View Post
Both would be better if they had a visor notch that was about 3mm above full closed. Shoei has known about that complaint for years, they don't appear to be in a hurry to fix it. I guess if you want a helmet that can vent via the visor, you just buy another brand.
I believe the GT-Air 2 has this cracked open notch in the main visor.

'10 MTS1200 S
'00 VTR1000f
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2019, 9:21 pm

Garage
I also have a GT-Air and love it. I'm also a Shoei guy, fits my head well. I crashed mine on my thumper dual sport at low speed and sent it to Shoei. They checked it out and says it is fine (I have since bought a less expensive dirt helmet for my low speed gravel travels). The new GT-Air 2 would be the way to go. Agree with looking under the cheek pad. I bought mine a year ago and it was manufactured in 2015. Shouldn't be a problem with the GT-Air 2.

I also have the Cardo Packtalk installed in mine, works fine without issues. The Packtalk is great if you have regular others you ride with. The DMC compared to bluetooth works great. Not sure if the Sena integration on the new helmet would limit use of the Cardo. The Cardo app sucks, I don't use it.

2013 1200 Multistrada GT
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2019, 1:49 am

I wear an X Spirit 3, X14 over there I think.

After 25 years of Arai, itís easily the best helmet Iíve ever worn. Light, quiet, great visor system and it looks cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode