Low Fuel Light stays on w/ full tank - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2019, 10:50 pm

Ducati has a recall on it. They should cover it regardless of your extended warranty. When I bought my 2016, the dealer knew about it and replaced it no charge. Since then no problem knock on wood.

New Ducati owner and MotoGP Fanatic
2016 Classic Ducati Red Multistrada 1200S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2019, 8:50 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluez6 View Post
Ducati has a recall on it. They should cover it regardless of your extended warranty. When I bought my 2016, the dealer knew about it and replaced it no charge. Since then no problem knock on wood.
Dealer told me that the recall was actually done on my bike, but there is an even newer version of the sensor (rev E). I'll get it done eventually....

2016 Ducati Multistrada PP
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2019, 2:33 pm

As good a place as any to add my recent experience.

Add me to the list. 1600 mile MTS 1200S Touring. Bought as leftover new stock last year., so under factory warranty. I tried to persuade them to update the sensor/sender before purchase, but noooo, it hadda fail first. So, here we are. Part on order.

Two thoughts: BMW isn't immune. Google BMW motorcycle fuel level strip. Big issue with some GS-es. The fuel gauge on early F800s is so bad they refer to it as the "guess" gauge. The second thought is "why motorcycles?" If (insert your choice of car maker here) had this kind of pervasive problems with the fuel level sensor, the NTSB would be involved, and it would've made 20/20 or Dateline by now.

--'16 Multistrada S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode