Why do Multis have such low mileage? - Page 6 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2019, 7:25 pm

You think Ducatis are thin on the ground, look for an Aprilia dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2019, 10:35 pm

Garage
My MTS is a daily driver that gets hammered on rough and tough socal roads. I just got the oil analysis back and it's all good. Dealer sorted the fuel gauge under extended warranty and serviced the air filter no charge.

They do eat tires. The new PR5s I put on are halfway to toastville at 2500 miles. Sitting at 15,500 now. The $1200 desmo service next year will get pushed to $2K when they add fork oil/seals and misc.

This is my 12th bike in 25+ years of daily riding. Not sure anything but a newer 1260 could ever replace it. Does it cost more per mile than my old FZ1 I could service myself? Yep. Is it worth it? Yep. There's no replacement for displacement.
wetzel likes this.

I'm OK, you're OK
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 6:17 pm

I sold my FZ1 to buy a MTS. I've ridden alot of bikes and nothing comes close to a MTS. She has 90,000+ miles and I service her myself.....which is not that difficult if ur mechanically inclined.
texasnielsen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode