Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/)
-   Multistrada (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/)
-   -   Akrapovic Full System on a 2016 DVT (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/719641-akrapovic-full-system-2016-dvt.html)

Shubz Feb 4th, 2019 11:42 pm

Akrapovic Full System on a 2016 DVT

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has gone the Akra way for the FS on 2016 DVT. Did search around, didn't find anything on this.

Would really appreciate if anyone could throw some light on this.

Was planning on a Optional Header (Titanium) E-D12E6 + Slip-On Line (Titanium) S-D12SO9-HAPT combo.

Any remapping required? Akra support says they don't have any upmap/remapp for this though they said this combo works well without any change in maps.

TIA!

DarR Feb 5th, 2019 5:22 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 6960383)
Akra support says they don't have any upmap/remapp for this though they said this combo works well without any change in maps.

TIA!

Though they said....
LOL

aschemkes Mar 3rd, 2019 6:26 am

Friend of mine did it. Looks and sounds awesome, though he did some extra cutting on the carbon part. He's says it runs fine. But he's doing a rapid bike EVO soon

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

aschemkes Mar 3rd, 2019 6:27 am

You can find details in our Dutch Multistrada group on Facebook

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Shubz Mar 6th, 2019 4:10 am

3 Attachment(s)
Finally I got the set up done! And it does look and sound awesome!

Shubz Mar 6th, 2019 4:26 am

I will be keen on knowing more about the Rapidbike set up.

eppy Mar 6th, 2019 7:26 am

2 Attachment(s)
I just installed the slip-on version this weekend, the Dominator de-cat showed up Tuesday.
I'm going to hold off on the De-cat till I order the rabid bike system.

I had to trim the carbon shield also, that and I didn't use the spacers on the hanger.
If I used the spacers my side pannier would not mount.

I'm mildly disappointed in Akra since the listing clearly states they work with the panniers.

DarR Mar 6th, 2019 5:49 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 6966915)
I will be keen on knowing more about the Rapidbike set up.

Yes, a Rapidbike unit is a must. Exhaust manufacturers like Akrapovic and Temignoni are snake oil salespeople. They offer fuel upmaps when on contract with Ducati such as available for Panigale's yet they say you don't need fuel map adjustment for models where Termignoni is on contract and btw, vice-versa. Real POS salesmanship IMHO.

I have kept my Rapidbike unit when I traded my Panigale. It works flawlessly. I intend to re-install it on my Multistrada eventually once I remove the exhaust valve.
The set-up is simple and Rapidbike will equip the unit with a basemap that closely matches the equipment you have on your Multi. It will then self-adjust to fine tune the fueling a few hundred miles of riding thereafter.

Shubz Mar 7th, 2019 3:28 am

This is good information. Bike is out for the 30000 km Desmo service. It sure is running lean going by the way it pops on decel. Need to figure out ways of getting this asap.

javul Mar 7th, 2019 7:08 am

Hi guys! i have the full akrapovic and the rapidbike unit. Where can i find maps? i have on autotune but id like to see if there are another maps available for my bike.

Is one of the bests accessories i have for my bike. The sound is awesome!!