Akrapovic Full System on a 2016 DVT - Page 4 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2019, 9:43 am

Absolutely agree with you DarR! Ducati, and all manufacturers, do a hell'eva job making HP with all the emissions/noise regulations they have to meet. After drag racing 'street' bikes for several years, exhaust HP 'gain claims' were mostly BS. AND YES, I went to a mid-pipe & can on my '12, with ECU reflash for smoother running below 4000 and the sound. Their was more 'seat of the pants' gain by a gearing change. And yes, I dyno'ed before/after....CH gain in mid-range and the AFR numbers were perfect. Bang for the buck? Ahhh, don't think so. Would I do it againg? Absolutely, as the bike sounds stunning!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2019, 12:08 pm

Garage
@3B43
Yes, stock exhausts are now very efficient given the standards imposed. Sound and also some weigh savings are the main attractions of A/M exhausts.
Did do a change on my Monster but don't intend to change the exhaust on the Multi.
Already have Tinnitus as a result of the loud Monster and my previous Panigale. I need a quieter sport touring ride.
What I may do however is to install the Rapidbike unit left over from my Panigale and disconnect the exhaust valve.
Biggest performance mods for the bucks are gear change (as you mentioned) and throttle spacers IMHO.
BTW, i'm not dissing the change in exhaust. I'm all for it if it's your one-bike ride. The sound is spectacular.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak ------ 2016 Monster 1200 R
2016 Panigale 959 (gone but not forgotten)

Last edited by DarR; Mar 15th, 2019 at 6:09 pm.
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2019, 6:35 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
You can actually modify the tuned Rapidbike map withing the software. Save your map and save your tuned Rapidbike map.
Then reset your cells to zero and let it autotune again. The autotune cell adjustments should be much smaller the second time around.

BTW, a user map database would be nice.
And how do it do that?????

I opened the program, saved the default map but reset cells??

Thanks

post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2019, 10:24 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by javul View Post
And how do it do that?????

I opened the program, saved the default map but reset cells??

Thanks
you can either reset each cell individually or hit a button to clear the map. I don't have the software in front of me now to walk you through it but you'll get it with a little digging. BTW, the Panigale guys use it a lot. Many tutorials and walk through s on their forums.

Have you seen this news?:
Rapid Bike is proud to announce an exciting technical collaboration with Akrapovič in order to offer a range of injection maps for EVO and RACING modules to be installed together with exhaust systems designed for race use which are not matching EU emissions requirements for street use.

http://www.dimsport.it/en/rapidbike-akrapovic-maps/

=========================

Rapid BIKE JUST RELEASED: new applications available

Ducati Multistrada 1260
18->19
Evo
F27-ER-138

Ducati Multistrada 1260
18->19
Racing
F27-ER-138
Shubz likes this.

Last edited by DarR; Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:57 am.
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2019, 2:02 pm

This is just to bust the myth (very popular among some members here) that if you install a full exhaust on Multistrada 1260 the bike will run lean. THIS IS NOT TRUE! Stock ECU perfectly compensates the difference. If nothing else, the bike is actually running a bit rich.

Setup:
Multistara 1260 PP, 2018
Akrapovic headers E-D12E4
Akrapovic slip-on S-D12SO7-HHX2T
Akrapovic Noise Damper V-TUV169Y
Rapidbike Racing for DUCATI MULTISTRADA "1260"
Rapidbike ADORI BYPASS ADAPTER

First image:
Red lines - Rapidbike Racing module removed and replaced with bypass adapter. Essentially, that's how full Akra looks without any additional modules/adjustments (just stock ECU)
Blue line - Rapidbike Racing module installed and in the process of tuning

Second image:
Final result of custom tuning with Rapidbike Racing

As you can clearly see, there is no danger of running full exhaust system without any fuel adjustments whatsoever. As I said many times - you need a tuning only when you want to get the most out of the mods. Otherwise you are absolutely safe without any ECU changes.
Just one note. I have noise damper (DB killer) installed. And the bike runs on rich side. I think, without the dumper it will run spot on! And whoever thinks that Akra statement about ECU tuning not required with their full system is FALSE - THINK AGAIN!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Run1s.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	940661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Run2s.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	940663  

Last edited by zr1000a1; Apr 15th, 2019 at 12:07 pm.
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 2019, 4:02 pm

Subscibed
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2019, 6:03 pm

Hi, how did it go with the dominator? Seems ok? How about the noise? Needs db killer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eppy View Post
I just installed the slip-on version this weekend, the Dominator de-cat showed up Tuesday.
I'm going to hold off on the De-cat till I order the rabid bike system.

I had to trim the carbon shield also, that and I didn't use the spacers on the hanger.
If I used the spacers my side pannier would not mount.

I'm mildly disappointed in Akra since the listing clearly states they work with the panniers.
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 7:05 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1000a1 View Post
This is just to bust the myth (very popular among some members here) that if you install a full exhaust on Multistrada 1260 the bike will run lean. THIS IS NOT TRUE! Stock ECU perfectly compensates the difference. If nothing else, the bike is actually running a bit rich.

As you can clearly see, there is no danger of running full exhaust system without any fuel adjustments whatsoever. As I said many times - you need a tuning only when you want to get the most out of the mods. Otherwise you are absolutely safe without any ECU changes.
Just one note. I have noise damper (DB killer) installed. And the bike runs on rich side. I think, without the dumper it will run spot on! And whoever thinks that Akra statement about ECU tuning not required with their full system is FALSE - THINK AGAIN!
I'm shocked
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no-that-cant-be-true-thats-impossible.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	427.3 KB
ID:	942781   Click image for larger version

Name:	head in sand.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	942783  
Levy1 likes this.

post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 7:33 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
I'm shocked
Me too. I was expecting it to run lean.
I still think that RapidBike worth the money. The bike runs a bit smoother, also like reduced engine braking (I got RB Racing) and additional 8HP is nice to have as well
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2019, 8:28 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1000a1 View Post
Me too. I was expecting it to run lean.
I still think that RapidBike worth the money. The bike runs a bit smoother, also like reduced engine braking (I got RB Racing) and additional 8HP is nice to have as well
The Rapidbike is a great unit. It did smooth the surging my Panigale had in the lower part of the RPM band.
Huge differences in HP on your charts. Can't wait to experiment myself as posted in the "1260 is too smooth" thread.
Levy1 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in