Clearwater LED plug-n-play system for Multi 1260 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2018, 5:09 pm Thread Starter

Clearwater LED plug-n-play system for Multi 1260

ciao all,

i will be taking my 1260 S up to Clearwater Lights offices in the next week or so, to let their engineers (sw and electrical) test their new Darla plug-N-Play system.

will know more, after the engineers test their prototypes out.

should be a very cool system, as all the products Glenn and his group manufacture/market, are awesome

https://www.clearwaterlights.com.

vīdī, vīcī, vēnī!
2018 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2018, 6:16 pm

Hm, interesting! Even more interesting for my Tuono, which has terrible headlights and looks like they already have a kit.
johnchypermotard likes this.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 2018, 7:16 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnchypermotard View Post
...as all the products Glenn and his group manufacture/market, are awesome...
Agreed.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j384/BigRed486/dino.jpg

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2018, 10:08 am

Garage
Please keep us updated, if this is a truly plug and play system (works with the native aux lighting switch) I'd be interested to know how they did it, since AFAIK the DP aux lights require a software upgrade to work.
Redbrit likes this.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 2018, 3:27 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXSPwr View Post
Please keep us updated, if this is a truly plug and play system (works with the native aux lighting switch) I'd be interested to know how they did it, since AFAIK the DP aux lights require a software upgrade to work.
Unless Glenn and his team of engineers change their initial direction, I can advise that this plug-n-play system will NOT use the built-in fog light switch, as I discussed that with Glenn on my last trip to their offices.

Glenn advised that they are looking at another method of setting the brightness of the Darla LEDs, using a series of button sequences/presses. This will alleviate the need to have the factory fog light switch activated by a Ducati dealership using the diagnostic toolset that dealers have, as from the factory, the fog light switch is not active.

vīdī, vīcī, vēnī!
2018 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 2018, 3:41 am
Supermoderator - I´m special!

Garage
If you do, let them know that member @mroberto has actually made a CANBUS sniffer for the Ducati´s LED headlight. Its a stand alone plug and play unit that sniffs when you use the headlight button. Not as a reseller, mind you, but he has done the groundwork and made atleast two units that I know about.
Not sure how much it can be adjusted, but it certainly handles the normal "turn auxillariy lights on/off together with highbeam" and I seem to recall him saying that it could be programmed.. Two quick highbeam flicks could engage a rapid pulse on aux-lights.. Or an outgoing signal to activate your garagedoor opener.. Stuff like that.

A buddy has it on his -15 DVT to handle the two VisionX Optimus round HALO aux lights.
It doesnt require any coding by a Ducati rep and it also functions with an inbuilt relay to handle powerful lights.
Note that the Ducati fogligt wiring shuts down if you try and draw more the 1.5 amps or so. Really weak. It can´t handle 2x10w draw for example.
DarR likes this.

2010 Multistrada 1200s - engine mapped by tomtom, Öhlins mechatronics SCU and alot of mods to make up for poor skills
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 2018, 7:42 am

Garage
@amullo
Interesting. Subscribed.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak All purpose fun
2016 Monster 1200 R Rambunctious fun
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 2018, 7:56 am
Supermoderator - I´m special!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
@amullo
Interesting. Subscribed.
He is in your neck of the woods, I believe..

2010 Multistrada 1200s - engine mapped by tomtom, Öhlins mechatronics SCU and alot of mods to make up for poor skills
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 2018, 8:08 am

Garage
The headlights on a Panigale are essentially cosmetic. The Monster's headlight is not bad but not nearly as good as a stock 2017 Multistrada "S".
Looking forward to riding my new 2018 2060 Pp in the spring. Moreover, I like a lot of light and I'll be adding some to the Multi.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak All purpose fun
2016 Monster 1200 R Rambunctious fun
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2018, 11:18 am

Garage
If Ducati could make the headlight on all their bikes somewhere close to as good as the unit they put in the 2015+ Diavels, they'd never hear another complaint about headlights. Yea, it's a funny looking upside-down U, but even the MTS doesn't compete when it comes to lighting your way. High beam on those is European luxury car good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode