Clearwater LED plug-n-play system for Multi 1260 - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 2019, 9:29 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnchypermotard View Post
those are the amber lens Darla Slip-on Covers ... they make the bike REALLY noticeable while riding.
Seems like it all worked out in the end. If it is plug n play which part of the wiring harness do they connect to?

2016 MTSE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2019, 12:55 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superadv View Post
Seems like it all worked out in the end. If it is plug n play which part of the wiring harness do they connect to?
the Clearwater Lights CANopener is the key to the plug-n-play of this system ... it literally plugs into the data port connector under the seat on the Multistrada, so no wires to cut.

when the Multi requires the data port to be accessed, simply unplug the CANopener from the data port connector.

vīdī, vīcī, vēnī!
2018 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2019, 7:03 pm

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
the Clearwater Lights CANopener is the key to the plug-n-play of this system ... it literally plugs into the data port connector under the seat on the Multistrada, so no wires to cut.

when the Multi requires the data port to be accessed, simply unplug the CANopener from the data port connector.
Very cool; however, I guess they've yet to update their website since I dont see any references to the CANopener for the Multi.

2016 MTSE

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 2019, 11:55 pm

Subscribed

Any update ?
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2019, 8:05 am

Quote:
received the 3D printed nylon spacers/adapters for the Clearwater Lights Darla LEDs to the stock Ducati fog light mounting brackets, and installed the Darlas.

this is the same setup i had on my 2010 Multistrada 1200 S Touring, same mounting location, same model Clearwater Darla LEDs. the only difference this time will be the Clearwater CANopener, which will allow setting the brightness in DRL mode of the Darlas to whatever percentage i wish, and will automatically turn the brightness up to 100% when either the horn is pressed, the passing beam (brights) switch is hit, or the headlights are turned to high beams. super cool features and it also negates the need for the funky potentiometer to adjust the Darla brightness. all in all, a great feature set, and improved functionality IMHO.

bravo Glenn Stasky and the team at Clearwater Lights!

Link to where you bought the spacers?

Thanks!

Mark
2016 Multi S, 2010 RSV4, 2004 GSXR750
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2019, 11:29 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eppy View Post
Link to where you bought the spacers?

Thanks!
not bought ... 3D printed them for mounting the Darla LEDs onto the stock Ducati fog light mounting brackets.

if anyone wishes to either 3D print or even better perhaps, machine a set out of aluminum or steel ... here is a drawing with dimensions.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Darla Spacer copy.pdf (239.2 KB, 23 views)
eppy likes this.

vīdī, vīcī, vēnī!
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2019, 11:31 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Very cool; however, I guess they've yet to update their website since I dont see any references to the CANopener for the Multi.
i am hoping that Glenn and his team will have the CANopener for our Multistradas ready for final testing/first article production piece this month (March).

as soon as the kits are ready, Clearwater will be putting together an introductory discount price for all Multistrada owners, and will publish the discount code then.
eppy and complexCarlo like this.

vīdī, vīcī, vēnī!
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2019, 11:32 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR-01 View Post
Subscribed

Any update ?
hopefully soon (this month, March) ...

vīdī, vīcī, vēnī!
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2019, 7:09 am

Quote:
i am hoping that Glenn and his team will have the CANopener for our Multistradas ready for final testing/first article production piece this month (March).

as soon as the kits are ready, Clearwater will be putting together an introductory discount price for all Multistrada owners, and will publish the discount code then.
Nice, I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread.
Redbrit likes this.

Mark
2016 Multi S, 2010 RSV4, 2004 GSXR750
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2019, 9:40 am

Garage
Quote:
received the 3D printed nylon spacers/adapters for the Clearwater Lights Darla LEDs to the stock Ducati fog light mounting brackets, and installed the Darlas.

this is the same setup i had on my 2010 Multistrada 1200 S Touring, same mounting location, same model Clearwater Darla LEDs. the only difference this time will be the Clearwater CANopener, which will allow setting the brightness in DRL mode of the Darlas to whatever percentage i wish, and will automatically turn the brightness up to 100% when either the horn is pressed, the passing beam (brights) switch is hit, or the headlights are turned to high beams. super cool features and it also negates the need for the funky potentiometer to adjust the Darla brightness. all in all, a great feature set, and improved functionality IMHO.

bravo Glenn Stasky and the team at Clearwater Lights!
Do these lights include all the brackets required to install them in the same location as the Multistrada's GT set-up?

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak All purpose fun
2016 Monster 1200 R Rambunctious fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode