Iconic Parts windscreen spacers ... - Page 5 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2019, 8:39 am

I received the correct spacers and installed them yesterday with no issues. Hopefully it will warm up here a bit more in several hours and I can go for a ride to see the difference.
johnchypermotard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2019, 9:53 pm

Garage
At Last... Multistrada screen spacers are back!

I found this thread and jumped on the opportunity to buy the Iconic Parts windscreen spacers for my 2014 Multistrada 1200S. In a lengthy discussion in the thread "How's the Wind Protection" https://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-mult...tection-4.html , you will see the saga of many owners trying to fix the only deficiency on this otherwise perfect motorcycle - wind buffeting due to a poor windscreen design. Going way back, there were spacers such as these that we made for a while by Aztec. Not in business any more.

I am thrilled that I will get a chance to try these. I truly believe that by letting some airflow come up the back of the screen, that the buffeting will not be pulled down by back-pressure to hit us in the face - as it has done with the stock screen for years (apparently - seeing 2018 model complaints still coming in).

BTW... contrary to an earlier post, Iconic has a web page for easy ordering: https://iconicparts.uk. but I guess you guys know that, now.

2014 Multistrada 1200S Touring

Last edited by kimross; Jul 19th, 2019 at 10:11 pm.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 2019, 7:19 am

There are also spacers made here in the US by Ducpilot.com

2018 Multistrada 1260S (mine), 2017 Multistrada S (wife’s), 2009 Yamaha FZ-6 (now the sons), 08 KTM 530 EXCR, 05' Yamaha TTR 250

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic parts View Post
For reference i have the puig touring screen with the blade on. im 6'3" and after i made and fitted my spacers i have removed the blade. mostly ride around with an open face lid too.
Interesting... I had gone to a short Puig screen, but now I have the Iconic spacers for my 2014 Multistrada 1200S. I went back to the stock screen with the Iconic spacers, and feel a definite improvement.

I also have the the Puig touring screen with an MRA X-Screen Tour blade on it. Going to try that with the spacers next. I'm 6' 2".

How's the mechanical stress with that big screen on the spacers?

2014 Multistrada 1200S Touring
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2019, 1:08 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimross View Post
Interesting... I had gone to a short Puig screen, but now I have the Iconic spacers for my 2014 Multistrada 1200S. I went back to the stock screen with the Iconic spacers, and feel a definite improvement.

I also have the the Puig touring screen with an MRA X-Screen Tour blade on it. Going to try that with the spacers next. I'm 6' 2".

How's the mechanical stress with that big screen on the spacers?
I have the exact same set up. I'm 5.10 and I can now ride the bike with the touring screen. Before, it was completely unrideable for for me and so far, I am happy.
I'll see how good it works in September, I'm off to France for 11 days, with 4 days in the Alps and 2 500 mile+ days. Fingers crossed.
There is a bit of movement of the screen and the Navihalter but I can live with that.

Siddo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode