Iconic Parts windscreen spacers ... - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2019, 12:46 am

Garage
I just put on the Iconic spacers with the short Calsci sport screen and it seems to be a definite improvement. Worth the investment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2019, 10:12 pm

Just wanted to add my $.02 in here. After reading all of the info on the windscreen issues and corrective measures with these bikes which I feel is one of the really weak points of this motorcycle, I decided to order some of these spacers. Went to their website and placed my order for spacers for a 13-14 MTS. Got a confirm and received the parts in a couple of weeks. There were no instructions in the package, but I figured I could make out how to mount. How hard can this be, right? When I got around to messing with these, I wondered why I had 2 offset spacers and one non-offset piece, but since I had no instructions I thought that Iconic sent out a "universal" kit and still proceeded to use the two offsets. Well, after attempting to first mount them on the lower mount points, which resulted in the windshield having a large gap at the bottom, to trying to mount them on the top, which was impossible as the bottom of the screen then interfered with the cowling, I came back here to the forum and on someone's post I saw a photo of the various kits that Iconic sells. As you by now are probably guessing, what I was shipped was a kit for the older 3 hole screens. Here's the point of all of this...no instructions, and when I emailed Iconic to ask that another kit be sent, I get nothing in response. Nada. It has been several weeks and not only do I not know if they have shipped any replacement, I don't even know if they know of my issue. I emailed them again tonight and am hoping I get some response. I know several folks here have spoken highly of this outfit, but I wanted to share my experience, as so far it has been a long way from positive.
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2019, 2:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by manix37 View Post
Just wanted to add my $.02 in here. After reading all of the info on the windscreen issues and corrective measures with these bikes which I feel is one of the really weak points of this motorcycle, I decided to order some of these spacers. Went to their website and placed my order for spacers for a 13-14 MTS. Got a confirm and received the parts in a couple of weeks. There were no instructions in the package, but I figured I could make out how to mount. How hard can this be, right? When I got around to messing with these, I wondered why I had 2 offset spacers and one non-offset piece, but since I had no instructions I thought that Iconic sent out a "universal" kit and still proceeded to use the two offsets. Well, after attempting to first mount them on the lower mount points, which resulted in the windshield having a large gap at the bottom, to trying to mount them on the top, which was impossible as the bottom of the screen then interfered with the cowling, I came back here to the forum and on someone's post I saw a photo of the various kits that Iconic sells. As you by now are probably guessing, what I was shipped was a kit for the older 3 hole screens. Here's the point of all of this...no instructions, and when I emailed Iconic to ask that another kit be sent, I get nothing in response. Nada. It has been several weeks and not only do I not know if they have shipped any replacement, I don't even know if they know of my issue. I emailed them again tonight and am hoping I get some response. I know several folks here have spoken highly of this outfit, but I wanted to share my experience, as so far it has been a long way from positive.
I had a similar experience just a few weeks ago; ordered for the 13-14 MTS with 4-holes. I got the 3-hole kit and it took me a bit to figure out what I was dealing with, as there was only a basic parts diagram

I contacted the seller and got a response the next day. Said the website had been acting up and not submitting the correct orders. Reportedly shipping a replacement set. Shipping takes a while UK to US, but hoping they arrive soon.

Not sure what address you're using, but I replied directly to the shipment notification email I received: [email protected]

Good luck!

'13 MTS GT / '99 ST2
'07 Monster 695 - Sold

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2019, 12:40 am

I've emailed to that address twice, the last being yesterday, so I'll wait till the weekend is over and see if I get a response. I am planning on taking a trip down south in a few weeks and would love to have this windscreen function a bit better. I'm somewhat spoiled in that the last bike I had was a K1600GT that had an amazing adjustable windscreen that practically eliminated any wind noise. I'm not expecting that sort of resolution, but a reduction of the buffetting at high speed would be helpful.
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2019, 4:46 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I had a similar experience just a few weeks ago; ordered for the 13-14 MTS with 4-holes. I got the 3-hole kit and it took me a bit to figure out what I was dealing with, as there was only a basic parts diagram

I contacted the seller and got a response the next day. Said the website had been acting up and not submitting the correct orders. Reportedly shipping a replacement set. Shipping takes a while UK to US, but hoping they arrive soon.

Not sure what address you're using, but I replied directly to the shipment notification email I received: [email protected]

Good luck!
Gents... hello.

i have shipped any replacement parts that i was aware of and im afraid technology isn't full proof as i regularly get emails in my spam folder which i dont always see.
[email protected] likes this.
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2019, 4:47 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by manix37 View Post
I've emailed to that address twice, the last being yesterday, so I'll wait till the weekend is over and see if I get a response. I am planning on taking a trip down south in a few weeks and would love to have this windscreen function a bit better. I'm somewhat spoiled in that the last bike I had was a K1600GT that had an amazing adjustable windscreen that practically eliminated any wind noise. I'm not expecting that sort of resolution, but a reduction of the buffetting at high speed would be helpful.
Hi,

i have found your emails in my junk folder and replied.
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2019, 5:17 am

Let me introduce myself

Hello everyone i'm Jamie

First of all thank you to all of you that have bought items from me.

Secondly apologies to those who have had any issues with deliveries. I'm not here to make excuses but i will just say this is a growing thing for me and i'm still finding my feet with the e-commerce thing. Like a lot of these ventures they start off as hobbies what get out of control but i am working to make it a more professional setup.

Thirdly i want to address any problems anyone has with items and would love feedback on the products so i can improve them over time.

I have noted the comments about the instructions and i am working on all this back room stuff as we speak. i have included a couple of my revamped instruction sheets. id love some feedback on what sort of format you prefer.

thank you everyone for your patience.
[email protected] likes this.

Last edited by admin; Feb 26th, 2019 at 8:42 pm.
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2019, 7:03 am

Someone from the forum here got in touch with Jamie, apparently my emails were in going in his junk folder and I've gotten a response, so thanks for whoever that was. Looks like my issues will hopefully be resolved now.
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2019, 9:55 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic parts View Post
I have noted the comments about the instructions and i am working on all this back room stuff as we speak. i have included a couple of my revamped instruction sheets. id love some feedback on what sort of format you prefer.
Having just purchased a set of offsets for my Multi a month ago, I'd say that the new instructions are an improvement. However, I had no problem in installing the spacers on my bike with the former instructions.

While the spacers do make a clear improvement in helmet buffeting, they don't eliminate the problem for me. I'm probably just a bit too tall at 5'10" and my head probably extends too far into the windstream. An extended screen will be needed for me. The spacers are still worth it to me.

M. Brungard
Carmel, IN
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2019, 9:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabrungard View Post
Having just purchased a set of offsets for my Multi a month ago, I'd say that the new instructions are an improvement. However, I had no problem in installing the spacers on my bike with the former instructions.

While the spacers do make a clear improvement in helmet buffeting, they don't eliminate the problem for me. I'm probably just a bit too tall at 5'10" and my head probably extends too far into the windstream. An extended screen will be needed for me. The spacers are still worth it to me.

For reference i have the puig touring screen with the blade on. im 6'3" and after i made and fitted my spacers i have removed the blade. mostly ride around with an open face lid too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode