Iconic Parts windscreen spacers ... - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2019, 12:46 am
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Grass Valley, CA, USA
Posts: 21
Garage
I just put on the Iconic spacers with the short Calsci sport screen and it seems to be a definite improvement. Worth the investment.
vfrcapn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 2019, 10:12 pm
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Longmont, CO, USA
Posts: 44
Just wanted to add my $.02 in here. After reading all of the info on the windscreen issues and corrective measures with these bikes which I feel is one of the really weak points of this motorcycle, I decided to order some of these spacers. Went to their website and placed my order for spacers for a 13-14 MTS. Got a confirm and received the parts in a couple of weeks. There were no instructions in the package, but I figured I could make out how to mount. How hard can this be, right? When I got around to messing with these, I wondered why I had 2 offset spacers and one non-offset piece, but since I had no instructions I thought that Iconic sent out a "universal" kit and still proceeded to use the two offsets. Well, after attempting to first mount them on the lower mount points, which resulted in the windshield having a large gap at the bottom, to trying to mount them on the top, which was impossible as the bottom of the screen then interfered with the cowling, I came back here to the forum and on someone's post I saw a photo of the various kits that Iconic sells. As you by now are probably guessing, what I was shipped was a kit for the older 3 hole screens. Here's the point of all of this...no instructions, and when I emailed Iconic to ask that another kit be sent, I get nothing in response. Nada. It has been several weeks and not only do I not know if they have shipped any replacement, I don't even know if they know of my issue. I emailed them again tonight and am hoping I get some response. I know several folks here have spoken highly of this outfit, but I wanted to share my experience, as so far it has been a long way from positive.
manix37 is offline  
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2019, 2:39 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Fort Collins, CO, USA
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by manix37 View Post
Just wanted to add my $.02 in here. After reading all of the info on the windscreen issues and corrective measures with these bikes which I feel is one of the really weak points of this motorcycle, I decided to order some of these spacers. Went to their website and placed my order for spacers for a 13-14 MTS. Got a confirm and received the parts in a couple of weeks. There were no instructions in the package, but I figured I could make out how to mount. How hard can this be, right? When I got around to messing with these, I wondered why I had 2 offset spacers and one non-offset piece, but since I had no instructions I thought that Iconic sent out a "universal" kit and still proceeded to use the two offsets. Well, after attempting to first mount them on the lower mount points, which resulted in the windshield having a large gap at the bottom, to trying to mount them on the top, which was impossible as the bottom of the screen then interfered with the cowling, I came back here to the forum and on someone's post I saw a photo of the various kits that Iconic sells. As you by now are probably guessing, what I was shipped was a kit for the older 3 hole screens. Here's the point of all of this...no instructions, and when I emailed Iconic to ask that another kit be sent, I get nothing in response. Nada. It has been several weeks and not only do I not know if they have shipped any replacement, I don't even know if they know of my issue. I emailed them again tonight and am hoping I get some response. I know several folks here have spoken highly of this outfit, but I wanted to share my experience, as so far it has been a long way from positive.
I had a similar experience just a few weeks ago; ordered for the 13-14 MTS with 4-holes. I got the 3-hole kit and it took me a bit to figure out what I was dealing with, as there was only a basic parts diagram

I contacted the seller and got a response the next day. Said the website had been acting up and not submitting the correct orders. Reportedly shipping a replacement set. Shipping takes a while UK to US, but hoping they arrive soon.

Not sure what address you're using, but I replied directly to the shipment notification email I received: [email protected]

Good luck!

'13 MTS GT / '99 ST2
'07 Monster 695 - Sold
 
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2019, 12:40 am
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Longmont, CO, USA
Posts: 44
I've emailed to that address twice, the last being yesterday, so I'll wait till the weekend is over and see if I get a response. I am planning on taking a trip down south in a few weeks and would love to have this windscreen function a bit better. I'm somewhat spoiled in that the last bike I had was a K1600GT that had an amazing adjustable windscreen that practically eliminated any wind noise. I'm not expecting that sort of resolution, but a reduction of the buffetting at high speed would be helpful.
manix37 is offline  
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2019, 4:46 am
Junior Member
 
Iconic parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I had a similar experience just a few weeks ago; ordered for the 13-14 MTS with 4-holes. I got the 3-hole kit and it took me a bit to figure out what I was dealing with, as there was only a basic parts diagram

I contacted the seller and got a response the next day. Said the website had been acting up and not submitting the correct orders. Reportedly shipping a replacement set. Shipping takes a while UK to US, but hoping they arrive soon.

Not sure what address you're using, but I replied directly to the shipment notification email I received: [email protected]

Good luck!
Gents... hello.

i have shipped any replacement parts that i was aware of and im afraid technology isn't full proof as i regularly get emails in my spam folder which i dont always see.
[email protected] likes this.
Iconic parts is offline  
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2019, 4:47 am
Junior Member
 
Iconic parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I had a similar experience just a few weeks ago; ordered for the 13-14 MTS with 4-holes. I got the 3-hole kit and it took me a bit to figure out what I was dealing with, as there was only a basic parts diagram

I contacted the seller and got a response the next day. Said the website had been acting up and not submitting the correct orders. Reportedly shipping a replacement set. Shipping takes a while UK to US, but hoping they arrive soon.

Not sure what address you're using, but I replied directly to the shipment notification email I received: [email protected]

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by manix37 View Post
I've emailed to that address twice, the last being yesterday, so I'll wait till the weekend is over and see if I get a response. I am planning on taking a trip down south in a few weeks and would love to have this windscreen function a bit better. I'm somewhat spoiled in that the last bike I had was a K1600GT that had an amazing adjustable windscreen that practically eliminated any wind noise. I'm not expecting that sort of resolution, but a reduction of the buffetting at high speed would be helpful.
Hi,

i have found your emails in my junk folder and replied.
Iconic parts is offline  
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2019, 5:17 am
Junior Member
 
Iconic parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Let me introduce myself

Hello everyone i'm Jamie

First of all thank you to all of you that have bought items from me.

Secondly apologies to those who have had any issues with deliveries. I'm not here to make excuses but i will just say this is a growing thing for me and i'm still finding my feet with the e-commerce thing. Like a lot of these ventures they start off as hobbies what get out of control but i am working to make it a more professional setup.

Thirdly i want to address any problems anyone has with items and would love feedback on the products so i can improve them over time.

I have noted the comments about the instructions and i am working on all this back room stuff as we speak. i have included a couple of my revamped instruction sheets. id love some feedback on what sort of format you prefer.

thank you everyone for your patience.
[email protected] likes this.

Last edited by admin; Feb 26th, 2019 at 8:42 pm.
Iconic parts is offline  
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2019, 7:03 am
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Longmont, CO, USA
Posts: 44
Someone from the forum here got in touch with Jamie, apparently my emails were in going in his junk folder and I've gotten a response, so thanks for whoever that was. Looks like my issues will hopefully be resolved now.
manix37 is offline  
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2019, 9:55 am
Member
 
mabrungard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Carmel, IN, United States
Posts: 42
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic parts View Post
I have noted the comments about the instructions and i am working on all this back room stuff as we speak. i have included a couple of my revamped instruction sheets. id love some feedback on what sort of format you prefer.
Having just purchased a set of offsets for my Multi a month ago, I'd say that the new instructions are an improvement. However, I had no problem in installing the spacers on my bike with the former instructions.

While the spacers do make a clear improvement in helmet buffeting, they don't eliminate the problem for me. I'm probably just a bit too tall at 5'10" and my head probably extends too far into the windstream. An extended screen will be needed for me. The spacers are still worth it to me.

M. Brungard
Carmel, IN
mabrungard is offline  
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2019, 9:58 am
Junior Member
 
Iconic parts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabrungard View Post
Having just purchased a set of offsets for my Multi a month ago, I'd say that the new instructions are an improvement. However, I had no problem in installing the spacers on my bike with the former instructions.

While the spacers do make a clear improvement in helmet buffeting, they don't eliminate the problem for me. I'm probably just a bit too tall at 5'10" and my head probably extends too far into the windstream. An extended screen will be needed for me. The spacers are still worth it to me.

For reference i have the puig touring screen with the blade on. im 6'3" and after i made and fitted my spacers i have removed the blade. mostly ride around with an open face lid too.
Iconic parts is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Multistrada 1200 Aztec Windscreen Spacers 1-3-2-4 Parts and Accessories 2 Oct 31st, 2018 7:16 am
put on new Puig windscreen and spacers today (2014 MTS) brickflyer Multistrada 31 Aug 24th, 2018 12:17 am
FS: 748/996 Parts & Monster S2R1000 Parts 48TLR Parts and Accessories 9 Feb 18th, 2017 10:24 am
FS: Genuine Corse Parts 748RS 916R 996RS 998RS 996rshmp Parts and Accessories 0 Sep 4th, 2016 10:28 pm

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome