Multistrada Special build thread - Page 8 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 76 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2019, 2:43 pm

That thing is fantastic....very nice job!
Buzzer likes this.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal Labotamy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 76 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Garage
What an amazing build. It has a nice cafe style to it. I bet it looks even better in person.
Buzzer likes this.

2017 Yamaha FZ-09 / 2016 Honda CB500F /2013 Triumph Thruxton / 2009 Ducati M1100 / 2008 Suzuki RM-Z250
post #73 of 76 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 3:50 am Thread Starter

Well the miles are increasing! Its running really well and I have done quite a few trips out with it, and I am enjoying the ride. Slight mishap... forgot I had left the tap on reserve and ran out of fuel!

DuckMan and Shubz like this.

post #74 of 76 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2019, 7:56 am Thread Starter

Thought I would update as although the bike went well enough, it missed that sharpness of the original bike… I thought it may have been the carb conversion, but it didn't feel like it...

so I checked the timing with a timing disk and a strobe, and guess what, the values in the matrix in the software didn’t correspond with what was actually happening on the engine! the bike was actually retarded throughout the rev range. I think this has something to do with the way the software is configured, I have emailed the manufacturer to see what they say. As a work around I set about changing the values so I had correct advance using a timing disc and a strobe. its now running MUCH MUCH better, and feels far more crisp! here are the before and after maps. although the second map says its getting 42 degrees advance, in reality its 34. It also ticks over much better... at the moment the TPS option is off... I will wait to see what Ignitech say before I do much more

below is a link to a 1 min video...

post #75 of 76 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2019, 7:52 am Thread Starter

Just to finish this off, and potentially help anyone else who decides to use a 1000 DS engine on carbs.... here is the final settings. with this it runs an absolute treat! Liam Venter pointed me in the right direction, it was the tooth count on the cam wheel that was the issue. I now have rock steady tickover, and steady advance that matches what is actually happening and what the software says!

post #76 of 76 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2019, 9:58 pm
SDS

You did a fine job, sir. Thanks for documenting the build, and thanks for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode