New Project - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By BSheppard
  • 1 Post By coolamber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2018, 4:51 pm Thread Starter

New Project

I currently own a 2010 Multi S, really happy with it, but I was at a dealer a couple weeks back and the owner made me an offer to pick up a wrecked one super cheap so I bought a project. The project bike is a 2017 Multi Enduro that was wrecked as a demo before it was ever registered, so I may even be able to get a clean title. The bike is mechanically solid, it runs, shifts and the suspension is not tweaked. Once I get handlebars, a shifter and new coolant hose it can be ridden. My quandry now is what to do after that, do I lurk ebay for replacement plastics or turn it into something new? I cant help but think it would look badass as a naked with just a bit of work, just a small headlight directly attached to the forks and the instruments mounted between the handlebars. A smaller tank as well.

Here is a link to my google album of what I am working with.https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kf63ot4lSJdUPwrp1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2018, 9:27 pm

I would make sure I could title the bike first. After that I would put the money into OEM parts to make it right and like new.

Thatís a great bike and will be at its best when it is all oem.
Redbrit likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2018, 10:30 pm

Garage
Only thing I would worry about is that handlebar being snapped off. Not easy to do, that bike went down hard. Sure everything is straight?

Personally, I'd part it out if you can't get a non-salvage title for it, and probably would regardless. Not the fun answer, but low mileage, late model motorcycles can be stripped and sold for good money. Replacing the entire fairing and switchgear will not be cheap.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2018, 11:24 pm Thread Starter

I have the signed manufacturer's COO, as well as a bill of sale, so I should (because you can never predict the dmv). The dealer did not fix it as it was too costly to replace all the shaved down parts. I already stripped everything down and verified the frame and suspension are straight. I even met the rider, he was not in good shape when he went down but is back to himself now.

I already ordered the switch and an aftermarket handlebar (thank you to this forum for identifying what would fit), I needed the left switch anyway for my plan b but was lucky to find one on ebay. Removing that handlebar clamp was fun, the two bolts were bent enough to make them impossible to rotate so I drilled out the heads and then removed the clamp and spacers, then rotated them out. The clamp and spacers are fine, just need a new set of bolts, a coolant hose and a shift lever to make it rideable, and the upper fairing stay to mount the headlight and make it "legal", the headlight, fairing and windscreen are all fine, so is everything that was on the right side of the bike.
AXSPwr likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2018, 11:58 pm

Garage
In that case, good score! I figured the entire front assembly fell off in the wreck, since it's not in the pictures that I could see.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2018, 6:37 am

Garage
I'd do something naked with it and maybe look for a parts bike that has complimentary damage... parts costs are absurd.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 13 Ural (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2018, 9:08 am

If you get the title sorted, I would go for a "street fighter" look. With minimal bodywork.
Cheers
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2018, 9:56 am Thread Starter

Exactly what I was thinking. With a smaller tank and visible forks I think it would look badass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode