Michelin Road 5 feedback - Page 14 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 133 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Garage
I'm done w/ Pirelli after puncturing my second rear in a year on normal road debris, the core of these tires is too soft. Always had better luck with Michelin's anyway, to me a dual compound tire feels more stable in corner transitions, plus they wear better.
DaveNZ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 133 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2019, 3:36 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leros View Post
I’m nearing the time to buy some tire’s for my 13 Touring S, looking at the Road 5 for sure after reading the great reviews and watching info on them on YouTube. My question is, what is the difference between the Road 5 and the Road 5 Trail? I can’t seem to find anything describing the difference in the two? The Trail version is higher priced though!
I personally wouldn’t take these tires off-road. Not the right tool for the job IMO.

'10 MTS1200 S
'00 VTR1000f
post #133 of 133 (permalink) Unread Today, 6:10 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockingM View Post
well the whole story is, I did most of those miles last summer cross from East to westcoast, 120 degree heat index by the time I made Arkansas, 110 actual when I made Shamrock Texas, !00 degrees cross southern Colorado from Trinidad to Durango,
118 in Nevada, I don't think I saw a day that wasn't above 100 till I made Ontario coming back across from BC, and then it was in the high 90s
That 5 on the front went through 2 rears, had to get a rear in Spokane,
Sounds like you were on a long tour. My commute consists of 0-80-0 every day. Another fellow told me hard braking was rough on street tires but the combination of heat and abuse shortens effective life.

The rear is dandy and overall tread depth in even between the two. For most MTS riders it's going to be a great tire all around. I'm just hitting 5K miles and that front is getting pretty chunky. Off the rim it's very light and thin construction. I just might need a chunkier tire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4860.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	950685  

I'm OK, you're OK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode