De-Cat? Pros/cons - Page 7 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 62 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2018, 2:17 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
10% would make sense... 145 WHP is a solid number but not out of line for 1200 DVT's that have been properly set up. Too bad it takes all that work to get to where Ducati said the bike would be from the factory.
Agree, so I decided to go for the 1260, sick and tired of the dip

Multistrada 1260S DVT 2018 Touring pack, the Netherlands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 2019, 12:13 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycbr123 View Post
I always have to chuckle when I read these decat/exhaust threads. Be honest, the main reason folks modify the exhaust on a 130+ hp bike that they will be riding on public roads, is for the sound. They want the image, just like the harley guys who bolt on the obnoxiously loud pipes. 90% of us old(er) farts who ride multis won't derive any real life benefit from losing the weight of the cat, or from whatever power gains they may get.

I have been fortunate in that my multis have run well with the stock exhausts. Fat ducs smoothed out the fueling. All of the mods I've done to my bikes have been for safety, or comfort. The bike is plenty fast enough for any public road, and I prefer to ride swift and silent.

my 0.02. YMMV
Did do a change on my Monster but don't intend to change the exhaust on the Multi.
Already have Tinnitus as a result of the loud Monster and my previous Panigale. I need a quieter sport touring ride.
What I may do however is to install the Rapidbike unit left over from my Panigale and disconnect the exhaust valve.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak All purpose fun
2016 Monster 1200 R Rambunctious fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode