Dyno dperator familiar with Tune Boy - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By ChrisE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2016, 8:11 pm Thread Starter

Dyno dperator familiar with Tune Boy

Does anyone know a dyno shop, in the Houston Tx area, where the operator is familiar with the tune boy engine management software?
If not Houston, where else in Tx?
I am not happy with the current maps available.

Thx for your help

2013 PP Full Termi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2017, 9:18 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlattrackSteve View Post
Does anyone know a dyno shop, in the Houston Tx area, where the operator is familiar with the tune boy engine management software?
If not Houston, where else in Tx?
I am not happy with the current maps available.

Thx for your help
I just had Tuneboy w/QS/CC installed by Ducati of Austin. They did an excellent job and the Duck seems to run much smoother (the QS is wickedly addicting!), but they don't have a dyno. While AF1 Racing down the street seems to be a reputable tuner (Mica there is especially popular on the Aprilia/Piaggio forums and was a helluva great guy when I had my BV500 there), I'm not sure if they do Tuneboy, and apparently they are not quite done relocating their dyno: Service ? AF1 RACING

I've reached out to their service manager for an ETA on this...

Meanwhile, did you find anything else? Not sure if there's more power to be had, but regardless, I'd love to see where my Multi is with its Arrow exhaust and K&N filter. Also want to make sure I'm near stoich at cruise since I'm adding the catalytic insert to my exhaust and would love to not reek of HC's when I walk in to my daily 7am operations meetings!

I was thinking about the "airbox mod" as well, though I've only seen in dyno'd for the 2010-2012 MTS. The filter is the same for my 2013, but not sure if the mod is also valid on the newer bikes.

Thanks!
Nick

2013 Matte Chrome Multistrada 1200 S Touring
Austin, TX
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2017, 11:17 am

I'd give AMS Ducati, in Dallas, a call. If they can do it, it'll be done right and would be worth the trip.

Ask for Jordan, he's the head Tech.
jheurte likes this.

'15 Ducati Panigale 1299S, '15 White Ducati Multistrada S (Vin #1000), '12 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC, '08 KTM 300XCW, '07 Ducati 1098s, '98 Yamaha R1, '93 Bimota DB2, '76 Honda CB400F

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2017, 4:10 pm

Garage
My suggestion would be try the Auto Tuning Rapid Bike Evo Module...It does all that for you

You Can Only Master If your not scared to try
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2017, 7:07 pm

Forget the add-ons, go to Houston Superbike and have them dyno run your bike and update the ECU.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2017, 7:56 pm

I believe you are on a good path to utilize the Tune Boy system if you want to get involved with the process of making your bike perform well, due to the owner hands on utility of the Tune Boy system.

On the other hand, as Jduke has said, if you want to pick a shop and trust them to make the alterations with minimal involvement, that's your choice.

It is extremely unlikely that any two dyno shops will tune your bike the same. It's just something to consider. A tune that seems great may be a very high achievement or be leaving some performance or drivability on the table. Safer tunes tend to reduce comebacks. Skill levels vary as does software functionality. To actually even know what to ask of a shop, to know if they are skilled, can be a challenge for a neophyte.

Being there and involved is essential. If they want you off at a distance, I would walk.

2001 Monster S4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode