**New Owner Thread...Liquid Cooled MTS ENDURO...Discuss and Show Us Yours** - Page 4 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 146 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 3:29 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTScott2 View Post
It is an attention grabber for sure.

My thinking is loose the luggage and forget about crash bars ...
That is why insurance is bought???

I guessed that you was a tall people.

No excuses now!!
what's holding you back?

Enjoy I wanna see mud!
I agree, short runs without luggage is fine, but on longer runs, I will take them and unload when I get there. Crash bars are only to hold accessory lights and limit the times I have to buy body panels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 146 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2016, 6:22 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by riva996 View Post
Oem tyres are Pirelli Scorpion Trail II's. The Anakee Wilds are not oem and just relased by Michelin. I have run both tyres on the street and dirt and the Wilds are better on dirt and good on the road under 90mph.
BUT - has anyone had any experience / feed back on the ENDURO with the OEM Scorpion IIs. I've ridden the Enduro with the Scorpion Rallys. Not so safe a feeling on the asphalt.
smm likes this.
post #33 of 146 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2016, 9:35 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by riva996 View Post
I agree, short runs without luggage is fine, but on longer runs, I will take them and unload when I get there. Crash bars are only to hold accessory lights and limit the times I have to buy body panels?
X2! I just picked up my Enduro on Friday. Have everything on this bike except the sport pack and she is a very BIG girl with all the cases installed and full tank of gas. I think the side panels would definitely benefit from some sort of "eyebrow" crash protection ....

" When a Harley owner hits a 100 mph it is a wonderful experience!...When I hit a 100 mph it's time for me to shift into second gear!!

post #34 of 146 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2016, 5:45 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACK! View Post
X2! I just picked up my Enduro on Friday. Have everything on this bike except the sport pack and she is a very BIG girl with all the cases installed and full tank of gas. I think the side panels would definitely benefit from some sort of "eyebrow" crash protection ....

Please make sure to give us your thoughts once you start breaking in the tires... I wish there was a few videos on guys carving with the Enduro (on the street tires)
post #35 of 146 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2016, 11:01 pm
Resident Raggamuffin

finally saw one at my local dealer....whoa! definitely a size improvement over the non-enduro but it definitely looks the biz. the swingarm looks a lot better than i thought it would, and the front fascia/tank is very pronounced, as is its height. i have no business owning one but hope that all of its owners love theirs.

best,

2012 Vespa 300 Super
past: Ducatis, BMWs, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, a Husky, KTM 1290 SDR, and a Thruxton R
post #36 of 146 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2016, 8:22 pm

Picked mine up last week. Just had the 600 maintenance done so I can wind it up a bit.
I am having trouble finding an axle socket or torque specs. Owners book says dealer for chain adjust (ya right). Anyone know where to find a shop manual/thumb drive for this model?
post #37 of 146 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2016, 7:30 pm
smm

Picked up my 2016 multistrada enduro today

This bike is a blast to ride! I ordered the touring and enduro packs along with the rear luggage rack. The bags are very well made. The enduro pack isn't available yet...hope to have it installed at 600 mile check. The luggage rack was problematic...no instructions and wrong hardware...The dealer persisted and got it installed. I also bought the extended warratny...bringing it to 5 years.

My only concern is a high pitched whistling noise between 30 and 60 mph. I didn't hear this on the two demo rides I took on two different bikes. Has anyone else experienced this. It is painful to listen to...I was riding with a half helmet so it was very noticable.

Last edited by smm; Jun 3rd, 2016 at 7:49 pm.
post #38 of 146 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2016, 3:38 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smm View Post
This bike is a blast to ride! I ordered the touring and enduro packs along with the rear luggage rack. The bags are very well made. The enduro pack isn't available yet...hope to have it installed at 600 mile check. The luggage rack was problematic...no instructions and wrong hardware...The dealer persisted and got it installed. I also bought the extended warratny...bringing it to 5 years.

My only concern is a high pitched whistling noise between 30 and 60 mph. I didn't hear this on the two demo rides I took on two different bikes. Has anyone else experienced this. It is painful to listen to...I was riding with a half helmet so it was very noticable.
I lucked out! The dealer had everything needed to piece together the Urban and Enduro pack in house on mine...plus it came with the Touring package and I also added the lower seat option.

Didn"t notice any whistling sounds? Awesome bike!! I have had no problems yet except that my right mirror points way too high. I adjusted the lever mount to fix the mirror problem but the the brake lever is about a half inch higher then the left side.

**New Owner Thread...Liquid Cooled MTS ENDURO...Discuss and Show Us Yours**-13254104_1350263288337083_238205379018318227_n.jpg
oalvarez likes this.

" When a Harley owner hits a 100 mph it is a wonderful experience!...When I hit a 100 mph it's time for me to shift into second gear!!
post #39 of 146 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2016, 3:31 pm

I got the Touring and Urban pack as the price seemed to work better. I learned that this combo is not a good one. The tank bag interferes with the handlebar kit that comes in the touring pack. I also lost the ability to RAM mount my phone and radar detector as they were restricted on turns by the bag. Long story short is the bag is off and everything else is back mounted. Tank bag for sale.... lol On a side note I had my brushed aluminum panels line-x ed after one off road mishap. The anodized aluminum really marked up very easily so with the line x this is no longer a problem. Dealer did a good job of matching the aluminum look. This bike makes me smile everyday and get a ton of compliments. With all the bags mounted it is a big beast.
post #40 of 146 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2016, 11:48 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckLife View Post
I got the Touring and Urban pack as the price seemed to work better. I learned that this combo is not a good one. The tank bag interferes with the handlebar kit that comes in the touring pack. I also lost the ability to RAM mount my phone and radar detector as they were restricted on turns by the bag. Long story short is the bag is off and everything else is back mounted. Tank bag for sale.... lol On a side note I had my brushed aluminum panels line-x ed after one off road mishap. The anodized aluminum really marked up very easily so with the line x this is no longer a problem. Dealer did a good job of matching the aluminum look. This bike makes me smile everyday and get a ton of compliments. With all the bags mounted it is a big beast.
What RAM Mount system do you use? The one that is attached to the handlebar or one that is mounted on the handlebar clamp? Picking up mine this week at Ducati Bellevue and will probably have the same problem. Added the full Termignonis, but apparently these will only be shipped in July...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode