Rider mode issue? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2016, 9:09 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Rider mode issue?

So i seem to be having an issue, with changing riding modes on my New Multi with 300 miles. When i got it, there was no problem with changing modes on the move. Now it will not even go into that menu, when riding. I stop, it will go into the rider mode, i select a different mode accept it. Then it goes back to touring mode, no matter what is selected. Plus if i alter anything in the Rider help modes like wheelie control etc. What ever i set it as, it goes back to default settings on touring Mode. I am taking it in tomorrow, to see whats up. If i have possibly altered something in the menu, which only allows access, when not moving maybe? Some thing is not right anyways as i cant get it out of touring mode. What have i done? Or am i missing something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2016, 11:30 pm

Remember to hit the same OK button a second time to confirm the mode and hold it for 2-3 seconds. It should then hide the alternate modes on screen and flash alone on screen for a few seconds confirming the mode. If you don't hit OK the second time and hold it for a few seconds, your initial selection will revert to the prior mode in a couple of seconds. Why I only did a mode change once while moving since I am too easily distracted.

Sounds like you may be doing the above already.

2006 Sport Classic 1000 / 2013 Husqvarna TE 310R / 2015 Multistrada T
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2016, 9:28 am

Garage
I don't believe there's any way to change the way the mode selection procedure works. It sounds like it may be a button issue but before taking the bike to the dealer I'd suggest double checking your process (which is probably fine but worth reviewing).

While standing or moving, momentarily (basically treat it like a pushbutton, 1 second or less) push the Menu Enter (center right movement of the left rocker switch on the left handlebar), that should pop up the riding mode select screen.

Continue momentary depressing the same switch (center right movement of left rocker switch) until the desired mode is highlighted.

Depress and hold the same switch until the on screen display switches back to the normal display (a couple seconds). If you are moving and using throttle/brake it may ask you to release them. Note that the highlighted mode should NOT change during this step (only changes if you let go of the switch too early)

I had trouble with it initially... took some time to get used to the various controls on the bars.

If that sequence doesn't work then the first thing I'd suspect is that the switchgear is not working right.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 13 Ural (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode