Some Help Removing Side Panel Please? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By MultiGT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2016, 12:31 pm Thread Starter

Some Help Removing Side Panel Please?

Hi all,

Been away for a while, not been riding due to health problems but now on the mend. Had my 'puter stolen at about the time I got sick so its been a bugger trying to get internet access too. Any help at all would be much appreciated for my little problem. I'm trying to install a small compact air-horn, a Stebel 'Ear-Canon', on my 2014 Multi. I can only find one place to fit it and that is exactly where the existing 'angry mosquito' electric horn lives at the moment. It will be a really tight fit and until I get in there I won't know just how tight.

My problem is that I cannot remove the side panel which covers the area. I can get one bolt out but the others seem 'stuck' meaning they appear to have 'something' on the side that's out of view holding them and they won't pull off. I've never had to work on my Multi before and would be very thankful for any one who could either tell me what I'm doing wrong or point me to a diagram of some sort.

I think I'll be fine doing the electric connection, I just can't get this damn side panel off to get to the horn. Ta!
Jewcati likes this.

Red 2014 MultiGT - My First Ducati - only Jap bikes over past 4 decades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2016, 3:44 pm

well it`s just the 2 screws and pull it to the rear to un latch the hook from the groove at the front. if the screw is turning with the nut then you have to either find a way to reach behind or drill the head off carefully

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2016, 6:00 pm

Garage
You have to contort that piece a lot more than feels comfortable to get it free, as you mention there's a clip that hangs up and you need to bow the piece in the middle to get it loose. There is a video on youtube that offers some suggestions and shows you what things should look like.

Getting it back on is equally not fun... making me think that as the bikes get older and the plastic gets more brittle, these pieces might become impossible to remove without breaking them.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 13 Ural (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2016, 12:44 am Thread Starter

Thank You!

Thanks Mike and Dave,

I'll get stuck into it now that I have a bit more confidence that it should yield to me! Much appreciated guys, thanks for the time to respond. Sometimes it just helps to know I can bend that plastic a bit more and that I am supposed to do that!

Cheers!

Red 2014 MultiGT - My First Ducati - only Jap bikes over past 4 decades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode