Multistrada 2015 and 2016 Owners - Feedback requested regarding major problems - Page 5 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 78 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2016, 4:14 am

I love the bike to ride just really sad about all the reliability issues I have experienced that mean I really can't keep it. As an update dealer confirmed a bolt that holds a spring in clutch area fell out and went into the clutch causing a lot of damage. Just lucky I was only doing 30 mph. Still no word on how much they need to replace/timings for repair and my preferred refund/get a Honda Africa twin as a workhorse bike way to resolve.

Dealer has been great and is helping me with Ducati - but still looks like I'm going to be getting the train to work for at least another week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 78 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2016, 9:44 am

Garage
I'm Italian and I own a DVT Standard from last January. So far 4000km. I've got the fuel sensor replaced by Ducati.
My problems:
1) Halogen high beam light is not bright enough due to a physical limitation of the bike which has very small projectors. I complained a lot with the Ducati Customer Service about this issue and asked for a fix since light from me means SAFETY.
2) Mirrors are vibrating, visibility is difficult and horrible sound comes from the mirror above 3000rpm. I asked for a replacement once but the replaced mirror does the same and Ducati refused to give me again a new one. Parking the bike under rain on the siede stand the left mirror is catching water inside that gets out when the bike is moved straight, the water falls on the leg of the pilot! SHAME!! I'm waiting for a fix.
3) Windshield holder produces noise when the road is not smooth and presents many bumps.
4) Right right black cover was not installed properly.
5) The seat is horrible from the design point of view Ducati could made it better.

Main issues for me are 1 and 2 since they impact on the safety. I wrote several mails to Ducati and I'm waiting for their feedback. If you experienced the same issues do not hesitate to call Ducati directly. We paid a lot our bikes, have all the issued fixed is our right.
post #43 of 78 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2016, 10:11 am

Garage
Side stand replacement
Instrument change (it got scratshes to easy)
New sadel
Highbeem fixed, they put in some spacers so i could adjust the light.
Some EXU updates.

Still wating for:
The hp/torq chart be the same as ducait´s comersial. lol
Myltistrada Link App (for android)

post #44 of 78 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 2016, 11:55 am

Side stand replacement (warranty)
Instrument change (scratched) (warranty)
Rear shock (upper) bushing replaced (warranty)
Fuel level sensor (warranty)
ECU updates

Best bike I have ever owned!

2015 Multistrada S / FULL MIVV exhaust / Rexxer ECU flash

--
When life throws you a curve, lean into it and grab a handful on the way out!
post #45 of 78 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 2016, 7:05 pm

Garage
2016 1200 touring
700 miles broke down, Hands free unit replaced.

1670 miles check engine light came on. Took the bike to the dealer, who said it was a variable valve timing issue. Said it was a fluke, reset it and sent me on my way.
1680 miles light back on, returned to dealer which said that it was a dvt issue again but it would be ok. called me 2 days later and it goes in this week, for a supposed belt issue tension!
Love the bike and handling, so far i am not over impressed with reliability!
post #46 of 78 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2016, 4:57 am

Garage
Main Issue for now is my dealer.

1st of all i put my motorcycle for sale on an ad in web, with all defects that it has. And then they called me saying that they are going to make a criminal complaint for defamtion! They say when i go to the first service, they did not have on the worksheet the defects registered!!!! By that dealer shows the lack of seriousness... I have changed my ad and they tell that Ducati authorize them not to repair my motorcycle !!! LoL !!! I had to ask me to replace me at work, to avoid being fired, and then immediately took the bike there, because he told me that there just taking the bike is the only way to repair the defects that I complain.

Quite the opposite! All my fault upping the lever from the 4 to 5 gear that came to neutral! All my fault of my driving style that the shift lever rubber is "destroyed"!
And if the bike does not start yesterday, but if start up today it is because the problem is solved!

Lack of humility, lack of competence, lack of seriousness...

MTS '16 S Red already home...
post #47 of 78 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2016, 2:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshintheusa View Post
2016 1200 touring
700 miles broke down, Hands free unit replaced.

1670 miles check engine light came on. Took the bike to the dealer, who said it was a variable valve timing issue. Said it was a fluke, reset it and sent me on my way.
1680 miles light back on, returned to dealer which said that it was a dvt issue again but it would be ok. called me 2 days later and it goes in this week, for a supposed belt issue tension!
Love the bike and handling, so far i am not over impressed with reliability!
Curious if you ever resolved this problem? i had to replace the horizontal cyl exhaust cam timing servo (warranty) and I'm enjoying it more than ever.

Mike Santa Barbara, CA / Whidbey Island, WA
'15 MTS-S Touring, 99 Ducati 996, '07 BMW R1200S
post #48 of 78 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2016, 3:38 pm

Garage
My engine light stayed on too, right back to Ducati. DVT system gone wrong, but supposedly everything ok.
Good because i was getting off job, not in a long trip! I did not want to imagine that i was 200Km away from a dealer.... That sucks!!!!!

MTS '16 S Red already home...
post #49 of 78 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2016, 4:44 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo09 View Post
I'm Italian and I own a DVT Standard from last January. So far 4000km. I've got the fuel sensor replaced by Ducati.
My problems:
1) Halogen high beam light is not bright enough due to a physical limitation of the bike which has very small projectors. I complained a lot with the Ducati Customer Service about this issue and asked for a fix since light from me means SAFETY.
2) Mirrors are vibrating, visibility is difficult and horrible sound comes from the mirror above 3000rpm. I asked for a replacement once but the replaced mirror does the same and Ducati refused to give me again a new one. Parking the bike under rain on the siede stand the left mirror is catching water inside that gets out when the bike is moved straight, the water falls on the leg of the pilot! SHAME!! I'm waiting for a fix.
3) Windshield holder produces noise when the road is not smooth and presents many bumps.
4) Right right black cover was not installed properly.
5) The seat is horrible from the design point of view Ducati could made it better.

Main issues for me are 1 and 2 since they impact on the safety. I wrote several mails to Ducati and I'm waiting for their feedback. If you experienced the same issues do not hesitate to call Ducati directly. We paid a lot our bikes, have all the issued fixed is our right.
Hi Desmo. How is your Spanish?. There is a solution for the point 3 in a Spanish forum that could solve your issue. (Vibración pantalla MTS 2016)

Last edited by KiLLeRBoT; Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:50 am.
post #50 of 78 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2016, 4:52 am

Garage
Side stand replacement
Instrument change (it got scratshes to easy)
New sadel
Fuel sensor
Panier piece
ECU updates
Fork oil leak
Windshield noise (fixed by me)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode