Need evaporator cannister and lever set screw - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2008, 2:01 pm Thread Starter
Prolific Poster Award

Need evaporator cannister and lever set screw

I need an evaporator cannister for my 07 1100S. If you have one laying around and don't want to part with it, but lending it is OK, please let me know. I'll use it long enough to pass Calif smog then send it back to you. With the cannister I'll send you a very nice motorcycle buffing kit the company I work for makes. The kit includes a 3" wool and wool blend buffing pads, a yellow and black foam pads for finishing work and a velcro backing plate for attaching to a cordless drill.

The other part I need is the bushing/plunger combination piece found in the stock clutch side lever. Here is a picture of what I need. Its the small bushing at the end of the arrows. If you have the complete clutch lever we can talk about that too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3126.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	40543  

Present:08 1800 Goldwing,03 999R#189,Past:03 FLHRI Road King, 09 1125CR Buell, 07 1100S MTS, 04 999S, 95 916, 01 900SS, 05 600RR, 05 600RR totalled, 66 650 BSA, 68 Honda DOHC

Ducati-Owners-Group of Sacramento region.

Last edited by John; Dec 7th, 2008 at 6:36 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2008, 3:19 pm
Resident Raggamuffin

John, if you don't find one locally, i'll gladly lend you my evap cannister. I can understand why you might want one on there (inspection) but what they're really going to be looking for is the CA/50 state emissions sticker/stickers. i know this because i just went thru it with the 999R that i purchased out of state. they (the DMV official) may not ask to see it, but if they do, be prepared to show it to them. i'm not sure where it is located on the Multistrada, i simply hope it doesn't require you to remove the seat/sub assembly to get to it.

if you want me to send it to you, shoot me over a PM/email so to get it out to you asap.

regards

2012 Vespa 300 Super
past: Ducatis, BMWs, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, a Husky, KTM 1290 SDR, and a Thruxton R
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2008, 3:33 pm

John - I doubt anyone will actually check that BUT I do have mine in a box somewhere if you need to borrow one. I'm in Sacramento near Land Park.

Drop me a PM if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I need an evaporator cannister for my 07 1100S. If you have one laying around and don't want to part with it, but lending it is OK, please let me know. I'll use it long enough to pass Calif smog then send it back to you. With the cannister I'll send you a very nice motorcycle buffing kit the company I work for makes. The kit includes a 3" wool and wool blend buffing pads, a yellow and black foam pads for finishing work and a velcro backing plate for attaching to a cordless drill.

The other part I need is the bushing/plunger combination piece found in the stock clutch side lever. Here is a picture of what I need. Its the small bushing at the end of the arrows. If you have the complete clutch lever we can talk about that too.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2008, 4:16 pm

I have the full setup from my 1000 if you want to borrow it. Not sure if it's exactly the same as the 1100 but it just has to fit and "look" like it works, right? Personally, I don't think they'll even care if it's on their or not, but that's your decision.

I work in Glendale/Burbank if you want to arrange something.

'05 Ducati MTS 1000S <-'02 Ducati ST4S<-'77 BMW R100RS<-'83 Yamaha RZ350<-'77 Yamaha RD400<-'75 Yamaha RS100
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2008, 6:35 pm Thread Starter
Prolific Poster Award

Regarding request number two, I drilled out the set screw and epoxied it back into the bushing and installed the Pazzo lever. Someone on another forum did this and it held. I made sure the distance of the plunger was the same (1.277) so I think once is dries it should be OK.

I'll check with DMV and play that by ear. If they call me on it I'll give one of you a call.

Thanks for the responses.

Present:08 1800 Goldwing,03 999R#189,Past:03 FLHRI Road King, 09 1125CR Buell, 07 1100S MTS, 04 999S, 95 916, 01 900SS, 05 600RR, 05 600RR totalled, 66 650 BSA, 68 Honda DOHC

Ducati-Owners-Group of Sacramento region.

Last edited by John; Dec 7th, 2008 at 10:20 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode