Pressure sensor error/reset question - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2019, 12:36 am

Just had this warning come up on my '11 Multi. I'm wondering for those who have done it themselves, how do you determine which sensor is the bad one. Also, does the warning go off once the sensor is replaced or does it need to be reset by the dealer?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2019, 4:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiplier View Post
Just had this warning come up on my '11 Multi. I'm wondering for those who have done it themselves, how do you determine which sensor is the bad one. Also, does the warning go off once the sensor is replaced or does it need to be reset by the dealer?

Itís been so long I can barely remember...apologies in advance

Yes light goes off as I recall. Canít remember if I had to unhook battery or not. Donít think so.

You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right the first time. Iím pretty sure I had to remove the beak.

It was an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Bones Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2019, 9:36 am

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiplier View Post

My horizontal MAP sensor failed earlier this year, Engine error but no Pressure error, the bike barely ran. ECU codes indicated horizontal cylinder MAP sensor, $120 part. The horizontal one is on the left side, behind the plastics and almost under the fuel tank. It is visible, and I managed to replace it, without removing anything but it's a tight space to work in. The vertical sensor is somewhere over on the right side. Replacing the sensor turns the warning off.

1976 RD400 (Project), 1997 916 Biposto, 2013 Street Triple R, 2014 Multistrada 1200S

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 2019, 4:56 pm

Awesome. Thank you both for the replies! Mine still runs just fine oddly. Possibly because I'm running a Bazzaz with a custom tune? Probably not, but just a thought. Sounds like the best course of action - since it's not running poorly - is ride it to the dealership, have them scan it to tell me which sensor is bad, buy the sensor, ride it home, and repair it myself. I have to take the tank off anyway... I've been putting off the dreaded fuel level sensor replacement and I've had the part sitting on my workbench for a few months now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode