Ducati DVT MTS Bluetooth and Multimedia system (2015 DVT) - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 109 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2015, 7:51 am
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+

Garage
Try this. First pair the bike to the Sena using "Multipoint Pairing" on the Sena. Then pair the phone to the bike.

Mike
2006 999, 2007 S2R1000, Ninja 400RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 109 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2015, 8:48 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyGreen View Post
My 2015 DVT paired with my Sena 20S but will not pair with my phone. I have an iPhone 6+, as if it mattered. When in the process trying to pair the bike and phone the bike's display shows the code of "0000" to input into the phone. It only displays the code for literally a split second when every other device I've ever paired holds the code screen until I input the code. The phone does give me the opportunity to enter the code but only once. When it fails each time I have to turn off BT on my phone to get it to the code input screen again. Same thing happens every time. I just picked the bike up yesterday and was told it had all the latest updates. Is there any point to pair just a helmet comm system to the bike? I can't think of one. This is all hugely disappointing. Being a tech guy I was really looking forward to playing with it. I guess now all I can to is enjoy all the other awesomeness the bike proves when actually riding it. ????
Don't give up - it works. That being said, I have re-paired my phone several times experimenting with things and experienced the exact same problem with my Sena 20S and iPhone6. I'll delete my phone and re-pair it on today's ride to confirm, but IIRC the trick is that you don't need to tap on the "Ducati Multimedia System" in your Bluetooth menu on your iPhone. Let it come up on your bike display, arrow up to connect, hit menu to select "Connect" and then the "Enter PIN" message will STAY up there and the iPhone will ask you to enter the PIN. If you click on the "Ducati Multimedia System" on your iPhone, it will appear to work normally, but when the "Enter PIN" message comes up, it disappears almost immediately - just as you were describing.

*** Oh, I almost forgot, if you have your Sena 20S paired to your phone, go into the Bluetooth menu on your phone, click on the blue "i" to the right of the Sena 20S and then choose "Forget This Device". It doesn't work well having the headset paired to your phone AND the bike at the same time. It is like they are fighting for control and it constantly pairs back and forth between the two.

All told, the only real issues I have are the volume control not working and the issue I documented where when I have my passenger headset paired at the same time, the music audio cuts out almost completely. Yes, controlling the player/phone took a little getting used to, but I now have 1100 miles on my '15 with my iPhone 6 and my Sena 20S and really enjoy all of the DMS features. Being able to see what song is playing, play/pause/change tracks, see whether I have a text/message and obviously being able to take a potentially important call from the wife. I rode 400 miles the last two days and only had the audio cut out maybe a half dozen times for less than a second. It's Bluetooth - there's going to be occasional interference. I can live with that. The issue when having multiple headsets connected where audio is completely useless, that needs to be addressed by Ducati (and I am confident it will be). For the record, until it is, I simply pair my phone to my Sena (instead of the bike) for rides with my wife and then use the Sena "Audio Sharing" option to listen to the same music.

Sorry for the longwinded post. I am an IT guy and worked through most of this stuff right away when I got the bike. Like others, I am still waiting for that Link App where we can see the telemetry/data from our rides. C'mon Ducati!!

Anyway, give it a shot and let me know how it goes...
sum1 likes this.

'15 Multistrada 1200S Touring

Last edited by iBurnAVGAS; Jun 5th, 2015 at 10:59 am.
post #23 of 109 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2015, 9:45 am Thread Starter

I was told I have the latest updates. However, the fast forward and play functions dont work, but also, not being able to voice dial is a complete no go for me. Does anyone know if google voice / siri can be activated through the system?

Thanks,

Aria

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSteve View Post
My controls all work for the player, do you have the latest updates?

I gave up because of the constant audio interruptions. I was kind of hoping I could control my phone with the bike but have the audio go direct to my G9.

2015 Multistrada S DVT
2012 Triumph 675R (track only, for sale)

post #24 of 109 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2015, 10:47 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBurnAVGAS View Post
It doesn't work well having the headset paired to your phone AND the bike at the same time. It is like they are fighting for control and it constantly pairs back and forth between the two.
This may be what's happening to me, I'll try this. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewcati View Post
Does anyone know if google voice / siri can be activated through the system?
Good question.

'14 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Granturismo
'18 Triumph Street Triple RS
post #25 of 109 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2015, 4:18 am

Just noticed that the DMS panel is far from scratch resistant, so be careful whiping of that thing.

Have hadde a lot og bikes, before my new 15 Multistrada S, BMW S1000RR
post #26 of 109 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2015, 9:09 pm Thread Starter

I am giving it another go, but now I ha e a new problem. I put the sena in pairing mode then connect via the dvt, the bike shows that it is connected, but the sena never says pairing is complete. Any thoughts?
post #27 of 109 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2015, 7:24 am

Quote:
I am giving it another go, but now I ha e a new problem. I put the sena in pairing mode then connect via the dvt, the bike shows that it is connected, but the sena never says pairing is complete. Any thoughts?
Sorry for the delayed follow-up. I deleted my phone and re-paired it, confirming what I wrote above. If I do not select Ducati Multimedia System on my iPhone, it will wait for me to enter the PIN, and thus connect successfully.

As for your new problem, one thing that comes to mind is that there are two pairing modes on the Sena. Make sure you are in Phone Pairing mode and not Intercom Pairing mode. You press the Phone Button on the Sena for 5 seconds to get into Phone Pairing mode. The 20S will begin flashing alternately red/blue lights and it will say "Phone Pairing" through your helmet speakers. I'm sure you have been through this several times, but I just thought I would throw it out there as I accidentally entered intercom pairing mode before and had the same problem.

Short of that, I would try shutting off the bike and the Sena 20S - Wait for 30 secs, then turn on the Sena first, then the bike, put the Sena in Phone Pairing mode, then try to pair it on the bike. These systems are finicky and I sometimes become complacent with the "jumping through hoops" routine because I do this every day for work. HA! Good luck and let us know if you get it working.

I might as well update here as well as a bit of a follow-on. While riding with the wife this weekend, I was able to get the following scenario working satisfactorily. I paired my phone and my Sena 20S to the bike. I then turned on the intercom between the headsets (her headset is also a Sena 20S and I had previously paired the headsets together). While riding, I then turned on the Music Sharing option of my Sena 20S and we were both able to listen to the music from my iPhone6 without the audio cutting out. I was happy to get this to work because it meant I didn't have to delete my phone and the headset from the bike each time I ride with my wife as a passenger and then add them back when I ride solo (because I do enjoy being able to control the music and see what song is playing via the DMS). The only minor downside is that I have to re-enable Music Sharing each time we shut the headsets off/on, but it's a quick key press on the headset and the same is true to enable the intercom between the headsets, so not a big deal. Takes less than 10 seconds total to do both. This was a huge step forward from the last ride where we were doing it all through the headsets and using the Sena commands, but to each his own.

Anyway, hopefully this will help someone else attempting similar.

'15 Multistrada 1200S Touring
post #28 of 109 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2015, 11:16 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Tried starting the sena first, no difference. The bike recognizes the sena and pairs to it, but the sena never completes the process. so if I shut the sena off and restart there is no pairing and the blue rider symbol does not come on. Although when I go into the bluetooth menu, the sena is listed as rider headset

HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBurnAVGAS View Post
Sorry for the delayed follow-up. I deleted my phone and re-paired it, confirming what I wrote above. If I do not select Ducati Multimedia System on my iPhone, it will wait for me to enter the PIN, and thus connect successfully.

As for your new problem, one thing that comes to mind is that there are two pairing modes on the Sena. Make sure you are in Phone Pairing mode and not Intercom Pairing mode. You press the Phone Button on the Sena for 5 seconds to get into Phone Pairing mode. The 20S will begin flashing alternately red/blue lights and it will say "Phone Pairing" through your helmet speakers. I'm sure you have been through this several times, but I just thought I would throw it out there as I accidentally entered intercom pairing mode before and had the same problem.

Short of that, I would try shutting off the bike and the Sena 20S - Wait for 30 secs, then turn on the Sena first, then the bike, put the Sena in Phone Pairing mode, then try to pair it on the bike. These systems are finicky and I sometimes become complacent with the "jumping through hoops" routine because I do this every day for work. HA! Good luck and let us know if you get it working.

I might as well update here as well as a bit of a follow-on. While riding with the wife this weekend, I was able to get the following scenario working satisfactorily. I paired my phone and my Sena 20S to the bike. I then turned on the intercom between the headsets (her headset is also a Sena 20S and I had previously paired the headsets together). While riding, I then turned on the Music Sharing option of my Sena 20S and we were both able to listen to the music from my iPhone6 without the audio cutting out. I was happy to get this to work because it meant I didn't have to delete my phone and the headset from the bike each time I ride with my wife as a passenger and then add them back when I ride solo (because I do enjoy being able to control the music and see what song is playing via the DMS). The only minor downside is that I have to re-enable Music Sharing each time we shut the headsets off/on, but it's a quick key press on the headset and the same is true to enable the intercom between the headsets, so not a big deal. Takes less than 10 seconds total to do both. This was a huge step forward from the last ride where we were doing it all through the headsets and using the Sena commands, but to each his own.

Anyway, hopefully this will help someone else attempting similar.

2015 Multistrada S DVT
post #29 of 109 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2015, 11:50 am

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Tried starting the sena first, no difference. The bike recognizes the sena and pairs to it, but the sena never completes the process. so if I shut the sena off and restart there is no pairing and the blue rider symbol does not come on. Although when I go into the bluetooth menu, the sena is listed as rider headset

HELP!!

You've probably already checked and double checked, but I'll ask, :-) Is your Sena's software updated?

Do you have a friend with a similar unit or does your dealer? If so you could check to see if their Sena will connect. That might narrow down the issue to either the bike or your headset.

2015 Multistrada 1200s
2014 BMW R1200GS Adventure
post #30 of 109 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2015, 11:56 am Thread Starter

Yes, I updated the sena software, also, my second headset for passenger has the same issue. Maybe my dealer was wrong and my DMS software is not up to date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmieshear View Post
You've probably already checked and double checked, but I'll ask, :-) Is your Sena's software updated?

Do you have a friend with a similar unit or does your dealer? If so you could check to see if their Sena will connect. That might narrow down the issue to either the bike or your headset.

2015 Multistrada S DVT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode