Ducati DVT MTS Bluetooth and Multimedia system (2015 DVT) - Page 11 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 109 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2017, 12:17 am
Member
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: BLR, KA, India
Posts: 69
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler358 View Post
Can you tell us the pairing sequence you used?
I am curious to know if there is any particular pairing sequence one needs to follow for this to work.

Yesterday after getting my 15000 km service, the service advisor did ask me to email him the pairing procedure that i use to connect the Bike's BT , Phone's BT and Sena20s BT communicator and he said he will forward the same to Ducati Italy and see if there are any updates etc available to fix this issue.

He said some have had it working fine on "Urban" mode only.

2012 KTM Duke; 2014 Harley Iron 883; 2015 Harley Fatboy; 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S DVT
Shubz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 109 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2017, 8:12 am
Nun
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NYC, ,
Posts: 96
Garage
Infotainment is generally half assed on this bike.

I wanna ride, having a soundtrack and being able ot talk to your group makes that nice but when it involves anything that isn't immediately intuitive, it might as well not exist.

bluetooth headsets have been out for ages, that work great, My nav unit hooks in, other people can talk to me, I can get calls. It'd be nice to have it all in one place but not nice enough I'm going to wrestle with something that seems like an afterthought at best.

Don't even get me started on that ducati app.
DaveK and Shubz like this.

Ride of your life
Nun is offline  
post #103 of 109 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2017, 7:42 am
Member
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: BLR, KA, India
Posts: 69
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I am curious to know if there is any particular pairing sequence one needs to follow for this to work.

Yesterday after getting my 15000 km service, the service advisor did ask me to email him the pairing procedure that i use to connect the Bike's BT , Phone's BT and Sena20s BT communicator and he said he will forward the same to Ducati Italy and see if there are any updates etc available to fix this issue.

He said some have had it working fine on "Urban" mode only.
So now I have the Ducati branded Scala Rider Q3. After some juggling around was able to get it all set. Phone / DVTainment system / Q3 all connected. I was able to received / reject calls from the hand control. and could also control the music.

This unit has a sensor to increase / decrease volume based on ambient sound.

The issue I have is -- It all works fine when the Ingition is on. if I turn off the bike, the phone connection with the headset also disappears.

So any pointers to fix this?

2012 KTM Duke; 2014 Harley Iron 883; 2015 Harley Fatboy; 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S DVT
Shubz is offline  
 
post #104 of 109 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2017, 10:57 am
Senior Member
 
DaveK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: in the Finger Lakes, NY, USA
Posts: 3,279
Garage
I think the problem is that what we really need ISN'T a device that sits between all the bluetooth devices you're using and therefor messes everything up if you don't use it in the one narrow way it was defined... but rather one that provides remote controls for those devices without interfering with their basic operation (when you shut off the bike you shouldn't lose your connections for instance). Problem is that such a control scheme doesn't exist for bluetooth that I'm aware of... as a result I find the controls on my headset to be MUCH less invasive than trying to use the Ducati controls.

The Ducati app is a tragedy (maybe a bit of an overstatement... but when I think about it I feel that way ;-))... I could build something with a small team in less than 6 months that would basically be seamless remote telemetry for the bike (not just cool as hell... but a real competitive advantage product for Ducati) instead of this clunky user interaction intensive and needlessly limited thing we currently have. Makes me sad how easy it would be... hell if they shared the spec for their interface it would be worth doing as a skunkworks project.

Possibly it could be reverse engineered... but that usually ends up being more work than the actual software you're trying to build and they could break all your effort with an update.
2wheelmike, porkrind and Shubz like this.

15 Multistrada S Touring/Urban/Enduro, 04 Tiger 955i, 86 MaximX 750 (son), 13 Ural (wife)

"Go soothingly on the grease mud, for there lurks the skid demon"

Last edited by DaveK; Sep 5th, 2017 at 2:32 pm.
DaveK is offline  
post #105 of 109 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2017, 5:53 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Posts: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
I think the problem is that what we really need ISN'T a device that sits between all the bluetooth devices you're using and therefor messes everything up if you don't use it in the one narrow way it was defined... but rather one that provides remote controls for those devices without interfering with their basic operation (when you shut off the bike you shouldn't lose your connections for instance). Problem is that such a control scheme doesn't exist for bluetooth that I'm aware of... as a result I find the controls on my headset to be MUCH less invasive than trying to use the Ducati controls.

The Ducati app is a tragedy (maybe a bit of an overstatement... but when I think about it I feel that way ;-))... I could build something with a small team in less than 6 months that would basically be seamless remote telemetry for the bike (not just cool as hell... but a real competitive advantage product for Ducati) instead of this clunky user interaction intensive and needlessly limited thing we currently have. Makes me sad how easy it would be... hell if they shared the spec for their interface it would be worth doing as a skunkworks project.

Possibly it could be reverse engineered... but that usually ends up being more work than the actual software you're trying to build and they could break all your effort with an update.
I think you hit the nail on the head Dave. I was hoping somebody on this forum had a BT protocol sniffer who could figure out why both the infotainment system and app don't work very well and maybe design at least an app that worked better. I've started to just use my BT earbuds to control the sound/tracks/etc. The other stuff actually works for me but answering calls is not high on my priority list.

Mike Santa Barbara, CA / Whidbey Island, WA
'15 MTS-S Touring, 99 Ducati 996, '07 BMW R1200S
2wheelmike is offline  
post #106 of 109 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2017, 5:32 am
Member
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: BLR, KA, India
Posts: 69
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelmike View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head Dave. I was hoping somebody on this forum had a BT protocol sniffer who could figure out why both the infotainment system and app don't work very well and maybe design at least an app that worked better. I've started to just use my BT earbuds to control the sound/tracks/etc. The other stuff actually works for me but answering calls is not high on my priority list.
A few email exchanges back n forth with the Cardo Scala team-- Verdict: you can either use the headset with the bike or with the phone. if the bike is switched off, then the headset un-pairs itself. So the rep suggested - turn off the BT on your bike and you are good to go.

2012 KTM Duke; 2014 Harley Iron 883; 2015 Harley Fatboy; 2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S DVT
Shubz is offline  
post #107 of 109 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 2019, 7:48 pm
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 52
reviving this thread to see if anyone has made progress on solving the various bluetooth/MMS issues. i really just want to try the Ducati app (despite the reviews) but don't want to screw up my cardo/iphone connection.

the difference between "fetish" and "felony" is checking beforehand.
dr. jones is offline  
post #108 of 109 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2019, 6:38 pm
Member
 
mandel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 87
I don't see any real advantage to using the Ducati MMS if you're running one of the popular communication systems like Cardo or Sena.

On my Packtalk I can use the phone, make and answer calls, send and receive text, play music, communicate with my buddies and receive GPS directions. No muss, no fuss. Pretty much the same on the Sena.

When the bike is off I can keep my helmet on and make a call, continue listening to music, and continue communications with my buddies. Same with the Sena.

Starting, pausing and skipping music is easy with both devices. With Cardo you don't even have to take your hand off the bars.

Why go to the bother of trying to hook these devices into the bike? Just to see the track list or caller ID?

BTW, I believe there are phone apps that will announce the caller ID if the caller is in your contact list.
mandel is offline  
post #109 of 109 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2019, 5:15 pm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 13
Garage
I mounted the Gamin Zumo 396 on mine and everything runs through there great. You choose notifications and it can even read texts and voice dial your phone if you like. Amazon has them for $312 right now.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/610131

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-010-02.../dp/B07C9YYDWK
krspykreme is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome