post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2007, 10:23 am
Super Moderator

Garage
spam
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2007, 8:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer
spam
"Spam: To indiscriminately send unsolicited, unwanted, irrelevant, or inappropriate messages, especially commercial advertising in mass quantities."

How does notification of a Ducati rally qualify as spam? Perhaps this should be in another forum, but to refer to the above message as spam suggests, to me, that it is worthless to read. Anyone who has attended a US Desmo rally knows otherwise. Y'all come ride among the oldest mountains on Earth with us.

~ John Parmer

"Cogito ergo Ducatista."
'92 Ducati 900 SS (I miss her)
'03 Ducati 749

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2007, 12:26 am
MultiModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libido
How does notification of a Ducati rally qualify as spam? Perhaps this should be in another forum, but to refer to the above message as spam suggests, to me, that it is worthless to read. Anyone who has attended a US Desmo rally knows otherwise. Y'all come ride among the oldest mountains on Earth with us.
Seeing the same post in multiple forums it's easy to conclude it's spam. As someone who has gone to multiple US Desmo events, and knows Jim and Clyde (and as this forum's moderator) I took it more as a public service announcement. With that I'm jealousy that I can't go, the riding in that area is great. It's one of the things I miss most about moving to Texas.

Vito
93 750SS - 10 Hypermotard EVO SP - 12 Streetfighter S - 15 Panigale R - 17 1299 Superleggera
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2007, 5:33 am Thread Starter
mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vduc
Seeing the same post in multiple forums it's easy to conclude it's spam. As someone who has gone to multiple US Desmo events, and knows Jim and Clyde (and as this forum's moderator) I took it more as a public service announcement. With that I'm jealousy that I can't go, the riding in that area is great. It's one of the things I miss most about moving to Texas.
Thank you vduc! I told chuck in another post that was not my intention to spam. I had several members asking me the details so I concluded that despite it having been in the regional section for several days that many people didn't know where to find the info/regional section. That's why I just linked it all to the original post in "southeast" via those forums where the ST crowd may linger. After chuck's "spam" comment I decided to delete extra references but found I could only "edit" and the delete function was not available to me. Whew! That was long winded... Got to go now...off on the ST for a 450 mile day.

'08 ZX14 and '02 ZRX1200R
...previous Ducatis now sold... '05 999 and '02 ST4S
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2007, 6:18 am
MultiModerator

If was in Chuck's position I probably would have called "spam" too. He moderates 5-6 or maybe 7 forums, he doesn't have a fluff job like me with one very well behaved forum.

Have fun riding, I'll be cleaning the garage to fit the cars in it. There'll be some real spam in the classified soon as the bikes in my signature line go away.

Vito
93 750SS - 10 Hypermotard EVO SP - 12 Streetfighter S - 15 Panigale R - 17 1299 Superleggera
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode