2 up on a Multi opinions wanted - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2007, 10:37 am

I just did 3,000 miles and 2 weeks in Spain, with my Multi and girlfriend. I have a 2004 1000ds. Also have Ducati Performance panniers and top box The bike handled everything just fine.

Me on the other hand.......... I found the seat pretty hard. The pillion though had no such problems really. We also put a sheepskin on each seat for that little bit of added comfort.

I also found that over 80mph for any length of time on the motorways the Multi was hard work. I think I just need a taller screen to deflect the wind.

Multis for two up riding are a good bike. Wind up the remote pre-load and away you go.

Kapital Moto TV - Biking on the Move
http://www.kapitalmototv.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 8:30 pm

Wow, I surprised by the responses. I really don't like the way my Multi feels with a passenger on back I get pushed into the tank and end up really far forward. Not comfortable for me and it causes the bike to handle very poorly IMHO.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 12:09 pm

Two on the MTS is almost brainless. I suppose I mentally adjust my riding to be smooth on acceleration, shifting and braking. I never get pushed up against the tank or affected unless I deviate from being a smooth operator. The only thing that I absolutely notice is that I get wind buffeting on my helmet that's not there solo. It's better with the Laminar Lip but not gone entirely. I am certain that it's a phenomenon attributed to my physical attitude and that of my passenger(s) - I can moderate it by ducking lower or sitting taller.

I dial in about 3-4mm of preload for my 100 lb payload and it's smooth sailing. My wish would be for a good backrest that's not ridiculously priced.

The best thing i life is sometimes in your rear view mirror.

05 Ducati 1000S DS Red
90 Ducati 851 SP2
01 Vespa ET4
97 Honda XR400 Super Motard
06 Orbea Orix

~~~~~ __o
~~~~ _ <_
~~~ (_)/(_)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode