Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

How to Reset Service Warning After Oil Change

80K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  mollycbr123 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am coming up to the 600 mi service. Having read numerous threads here about doing it and also after finding this extremely helpful and descriptive page - Motorcycle Info Pages - MTS12 Servicing & Maintenance > Engine Oil Change I am strongly considering doing it myself.
Seems like between the motorcycleinfo page and all these threads here all possible landmines have been outlined. The only question I could not really find a good answer to was how to reset the oil change reminder.
I found just this thread here - http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/112720-clearing-oil-change-reminder.html. So I am wondering whether anyone of you has been able to successfully reset it yourself.

Thanks.

#5 ·
a lot of ducati bikes can have the MX reminders reset at home, my S4RS is one of them. the procedure is not advertised and most ducati techs don't know how to do it. some dude posted how to do it on this forum and it works.

i'll be watching this thread, maybe someone knows a top secret combination of buttons/switches that will clear the reminder on the 1200.

#13 ·
just tried this on my 04 mts. if i hold the left button and then turn on, the display lights up, but does nothing. no cycle through until i release the button. i've search this forum and the interwebs for a solution. we really have to have this reset by the dealer???

#19 ·
Mine has been on for the last 3 or 4k miles. It's a rather innocuous little icon on the right side of my 620MTS dash.

I don't mind it being there. Every time I notice it, it reminds me I'm riding a Ducati and probably need to fix something...;)

#24 ·
With motorcycles getting as complicated as they are, it now makes sense for the US NHTSA to require OBD II or a motorcycle equivalent. This would allow independent shops and DIYers to work on the bikes. What are we going to do as these bikes age? Scrap all the electronics and go old-school on everything? Motorcycles (and cars) are going to be like PCs, you don't fix, you throw away and get new. I'm sure this is what the EPA wants, but not me.

#25 ·

I hate to say it, but the last several motorcycles I've owned, I've not even considered keeping them long term. The complexity, the electronics, and the 'fragility' of them, pretty much makes me think I'll keep them for a few years and then move on to something new before they develop real problems, or the next super nifty mega-electronics equipped bike comes along. A definite shift in mind set for me, as I used to accumulate bikes and keep them forever. Two bikes I sold within the last five years had been in my garage and ridden by me relatively trouble free for 26 years. I sold both to friends who wanted them, but I sometimes regret letting them go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.