What Did You Do On Your Multistrada Today? - Page 415 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4141 of 4191 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 9:40 pm

Also anyone interested in a old leftover new multistrada they have a four at Donelsons in St Louis MO. Had a 2014 pikes peak for $13000. Zero miles on it still new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gadgetech likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4142 of 4191 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 9:47 pm
Hammer Down

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.wesg View Post
Had a 2014 pikes peak for $13000. Zero miles on it still new.

WOW...that's a great bike!
post #4143 of 4191 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 10:33 pm

Those are great deals! This reminds me, I got a great deal on a brand new 2016 1200S from VivaPowersports in El Paso, TX a few weeks ago. When the dealer texted me a picture of the bike I was interested in, I also noticed the bike behind it. It's a brand new 2016 Pikes Peak for $15,500! They didnt charge any ridiculous PDI or freight fees either. I believe it was only an extra $150 on top of our agreed sale price. But the Pike's Peak was still available as of last week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6169R1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	943145   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6169R2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	943147  

post #4144 of 4191 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2019, 11:18 am

Garage
Took a little day trip around Mt. Hood Saturday. Ran up the Washington side of the Columbia to Hood River on SR-14 and up and over the mountain via Hwy 35, before heading back home on Hwy 26.
Stopped at the White River Canyon parking lot for this picture and a quick leg stretch before heading on and home. Fun little trip that I'll definitely be doing again a few times this year.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0572.png
Views:	48
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	943255  

Titanium 2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S w/ Full Termi
post #4145 of 4191 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2019, 1:33 pm

Rode Tail of the Dragon last week. While it was a beautiful road and a bucket-list thing for me, I thought the roads leading up to it and around it were even better. I wish I had more time to explore the Blue Ridge Parkway and Smokey Mts a bit more though!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2501278.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	5.05 MB
ID:	943257  
Dukerdr and Andro5.0 like this.
post #4146 of 4191 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2019, 5:23 pm
Hammer Down

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcv57 View Post
Rode Tail of the Dragon last week. While it was a beautiful road and a bucket-list thing for me, I thought the roads leading up to it and around it were even better. I wish I had more time to explore the Blue Ridge Parkway and Smokey Mts a bit more though!
Did you stop by Fontana or meetup with any of the ECM folks? ECM X was last week, most folks were there through Thursday.
Dukerdr and BigRed like this.
post #4147 of 4191 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2019, 7:30 pm

fixed the DTC/ABS problem on my 2012 S Sport

You know that feeling that when you buy a bike 2nd-hand there are bound to be some problems lurking.
Well sure enough I ignored the warning signs when I was test riding this 1200 S Sport and it gave problems switching between modes.
I bought it anyway...........but it was a great price so that outweighed those nagging voices in the back of my head.

When switching modes I would have to hit the reset button to remove the ABS & DTC errors. But after researching this problem on the forums it turns out to be a classic ABS sensor issue.
I spent a fruit couple of hours yesterday checking the ABS sensor leads for damage.
On the front, where the cable from the ABS sensor connects into the main wiring loom up behind the headlight, the wires were doubled back and cable tied. Very tightly.
I cut the cable tie and disconnected the connectors, and sure enough the cable connector on the loom side just fell on the floor.
The cable tie had been cutting into the very fine wires and causing the ABS sensor to fail intermittently.

I was left with a very short section of cable to work with that was tucked up in a very restricted space behind the instruments...............so I pulled the front end apart to get to the wires. Lots of screws but a damn site easier to pull apart then my CBR1000rr.

Luckily my neighbour is a retired electrician so he is good at fixing wires.
He soldered extra lengths of wire onto the broken ends (that go into the main wiring) and soldered the broken connector back on.

Put her back together, started her up, and voila.........no more errors.

After a short ride switching modes on the fly I rewarded myself (and Colin the neighbour) with a cold beer.

Next job is to fit some heated grips.
jheurte likes this.

R3XY
I come from the land down under.....
post #4148 of 4191 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2019, 10:55 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3xy View Post
On the front, where the cable from the ABS sensor connects into the main wiring loom up behind the headlight, the wires were doubled back and cable tied. Very tightly. I cut the cable tie and disconnected the connectors, and sure enough the cable connector on the loom side just fell on the floor. The cable tie had been cutting into the very fine wires and causing the ABS sensor to fail intermittently.
Good find!

Do you think it came from the factory that way or did the previous owner mess with it?

2012 Arctic White Multistrada 1200S Touring Model
post #4149 of 4191 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2019, 7:13 pm

It looked factory but the cable tie was WAAAAY too tight sitting on those thin wires.
Just follow the front ABS Sensor lead up behind the nose to the connectors.
Tell tale signs was the ABS light not going off when I pulled away and then the DTC warning light coming on.

R3XY
I come from the land down under.....
post #4150 of 4191 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 1:52 am

Replaced chain and front and rear sprockets - fitted a JT carrier.
Took me a whole day to complete - 2/3 of the day to undo the rear and front nuts.
Bike now feels like new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode