Immobilizer Defeat - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 7:39 am Thread Starter

Immobilizer Defeat

Having trouble finding information, and understanding what it takes to defeat the immobilizer on my S4.
Bought the bike with a single black key and the code card.

Just dont want to have issues down the line.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 8:01 am

If you have the code card, you should never have an issue. That will allow you to program new keys. Also if there is an immobilizer error it will allow you to simply enter the code to temporarily override the system and start the bike.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 8:08 am

just get the black key cloned. easy.

i don't believe the code card is any help in coding new keys. you need the red key to instigate the key coding procedure on the bike. but now that locksmiths can clone the black keys that's not an issue

know all wanker

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 8:29 am

I apologize. Belter is right about the red key for that model. They now only have black keys.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 12:15 pm Thread Starter

Interesting.

Is the key plank something most locksmiths (with the ability to clone) would have? Or something I should order my own blanks for?
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 4:05 pm

if you want a ducati blank you'll need to order from a dealer. my locksmith who clones has a generic blank. well, i've not tried having a ducati black key blank cloned, but i assume it would work.

know all wanker
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 2:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by surffly View Post
Having trouble finding information, and understanding what it takes to defeat the immobilizer on my S4.
Bought the bike with a single black key and the code card.

Just dont want to have issues down the line.

Thanks for the help.
I bought an S4R that only had a single black key. No Red or code card. There is a company in Oregon that will reverse engineer everything but you have to send them the ignition and ECU. they turn it around in about a week. $500 roughly

The dealer I purchased my bike from disabled the immobilizer at no charge. I can use any key now regardless of RFID. It only took them about 20 minutes.

2005 Ducati SR4
Upstate NY
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 2:44 pm
Prolific Poster Award

See that ? Why do some dealers do this , no problem, other dealers itís mysterious magical bull shit and costs you $1000 ? Donít all respond at once.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 9:06 pm

i'd say not many dealers have software to flash ecu outside of the ducati tools, which are in the realm of "ecu updates" and certainly don't allow the technicians (who the factories generally view as fuckwits not to be trusted) to do anything outside of factory supplied files.

also, a lot of dealers, ime, would not be interested in doing so because of the work being outside the parameters of franchise, blah blah blah.

plus it's a service many would charge for, so they wouldn't do it for free on principle. i do.

it might also depend on who "generated" the issue, so to speak. the fact the dealer did it for free in this instance headed off any issues that, had there been an issue, would have started with the line "you only gave me one key". dealership does it for free and looks good. any other solution would have cost them a lot more, so you'd chalk it up to good business.

know all wanker
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 10:13 pm

actually, the more i think about it, what sort of dickhead dealership sells an immo'd bike with only one key? or any bike with one key.
"we only got one with the trade" just makes it all ok huh? well, go get another one cut moron. how hard is that? that's just total laziness.

fuckwits.

know all wanker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode