FCR Throttle cables - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jan 21st, 2017, 12:58 am Thread Starter

FCR Throttle cables

My Monster project is becoming something of a nightmare these days...

The latest issue I am having is finding throttle cables that are 750mm long to suit FCRs. All I seem to be able to find is 900mm housing length that I already have.

As you can see the 900mm long cables are too long now that I have switched to clip-ons.

The 750mm cables are off a friends 900SS that he routed improperly.

Does anyone know of a supplier or what the shorter cables might have been for to help in my search.

'13 Panigale S
'01 748R
'94 900 Monster
'13 72 Harley Sportster
'81 CX500 Honda

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2017, 8:45 am

Garage
These guys made mine, awesome work. They should have the specs already, basically you need the 900SS cables I think but tell them you have a Monster with clipons.

https://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/custom/

Edit: Oh, US shipping only, .... you might look at the FAQ drawing section for plans or email them to send you the specs?

1991 900SS
1995 900SS SP #746

Last edited by RockAZ; Jan 21st, 2017 at 8:51 am.
Old Jan 21st, 2017, 9:25 am

Garage
RockAZ is right you just need the set for the SS . whoever is the Keihin importer on your end of the world should easily be able to get them for you. Over here it is Sudco but I cannot imagine there is not someone closer for you. I have a set here for a bike I am building now and the motion pro part number is 01-0380 there is also another part number 021.284 that may be sudco or motion pro. They are made for motion pro in Taiwan and sold as the "kit" for the split single FCR's for a supersport.

Old Jan 21st, 2017, 12:05 pm

Garage
When I got my FCR's I ordered the upgraded MotionPro cables but damm if they didn't send me the ones packaged by Sudco along with the one I ordered. So, I have what the pirate needs sitting on my shelf until it rots - I will never use them.

1991 900SS
1995 900SS SP #746
Old Jan 21st, 2017, 3:23 pm Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

thanks for your help.

If I could get the shorter length in Australia I would... actually if I could get throttle cables at all...

All they stores over here are interested in is selling full FCR kits, not selling spares...

So with your help I found them here

They ship worldwide at a reasonable cost too.

'13 Panigale S
'01 748R
'94 900 Monster
'13 72 Harley Sportster
'81 CX500 Honda

Old Jan 21st, 2017, 10:56 pm

Garage
Yes, that set pictured for the 900SS will work, it is the standard kit sent by Sudco with the FCR's. I ordered an upgraded model from MotionPro which has another set of screws right after the "Y" at the throttle end for adjustments. Higher quality cable cover material and finer thread cables too. Lube before installing!

The improved one is sort of like this pic, although the in-line cable length adjustment pieces are closer to the throttle than this one. The standard part number I have is 01-0425 The upgraded cover and metal cable, when side by side, is significantly different.

1991 900SS
1995 900SS SP #746

Last edited by RockAZ; Jan 21st, 2017 at 11:02 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in