Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Michelin pilot road 4 (monster 821)

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  calista241 
#1 ·
Anybody have any experience with Michelin pr4's on 821 monster ?

After about 10,5 k kms (6+ k miles) on my monster I needed a new rear tire. Pretty happy with the Rosso II's thought to get the same, till my garage suggested to have a look at the PR4's. According to them the difference was better handling on the wet and better mileage. I did a bit of research and saw mainly positive comments so decided to go for it. Small note, the pr4's are xxx/55 instead of xxx/60. Small difference to matter imo but just pointing it out.
First impressions are good but then again comparing a worn out tire to a new one good impressions = no surprise...

#2 ·
I've got a little over 3000 miles on my 821's stock Pirelli tires, and I expect them to last maybe another 1000 miles. Possibly 1500, but i'll get them changed before a trip i have scheduled in late July regardless.

I am also considering the PR4's, mainly because I'm pretty brand loyal to Michelin. It's either the PR4 or one of the Pilot Power line, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.