DB4ie what are the odds? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
  • 1 Post By polyesterpig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2015, 12:06 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up DB4ie what are the odds?

Lately i have been riding the Bimota to the RockStore in the Malibu mountains. I really forgot how well this bike rides in the twisties. When i sit on a Ducati 900ss or the Sport classic, i feel that i'm sitting on top of the bike. On the Bimota DB4ie, I feel like im sitting in the bike. Hard to explain in words, but there is just a different feeling. On my last trip to the rock store, i just passed a police car (parked and radaring) and was taking it slow, when i hear another motorcycle honking its horn at me. I look over and there is another Silver & Red Bimota DB4ie pulling up along side of me. The rider yells out "what the f". This wouldn't be a big deal, but there are probably only 3 or 4 of these bikes in the USA! The odds are pretty low that I would ever see another one in the USA, let alone at the Rock Store. I ended up talking to him about the bikes and what we thought of them. After that he invited me to see someones bike collection in Camerillo with some of his riding buddies. I am glad I took him up on his offer. Over 200 rare bikes on display, Multiple Bimotas, Ducati race bikes, One of Steve mcQueens bikes, and a kawasaki H3 1000 4 cylinder two-stroke! Yeah, i know Kawasaki didn't make one, but this guy had one made. It looked like it was made at the factory.

It is days like this that remind me why I still ride sport bikes.
jcasella likes this.

2002 Cannondale E440 Enduro
2003 Cannondale E440 SuperSingle project
2003 Cannondale E440 motard
2000 Bimota DB4ie BiPosta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode