2000 Bimota DB4ie biposta fuel injected - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2012, 10:09 pm Thread Starter

2000 Bimota DB4ie biposta fuel injected

There were approx 75 of these made world wide. 15 made it to the States and half were full fairings. With no reserve, wonder what it will end up at on eBay? I have the red/silver and black one, so I will finally know the current value for insurance ! This guy has an amazing collection of bikes for sale.

Bimota Bimota | eBay

2002 Cannondale E440 Enduro
2003 Cannondale E440 SuperSingle project
2003 Cannondale E440 motard
2000 Bimota DB4ie BiPosta

Last edited by polyesterpig; Apr 4th, 2012 at 11:11 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2012, 5:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesterpig View Post
There were approx 75 of these made world wide. 15 made it to the States and half were full fairings. With no reserve, wonder what it will end up at on eBay? I have the red/silver and black one, so I will finally know the current value for insurance ! This guy has an amazing collection of bikes for sale.

Bimota Bimota | eBay
Ended up much higher than I expected. He has been selling some awesome stuff over the past year.

12 1199 Tricolor
10 MTS 1200S
08 1098R
08 Hyper 1100S Ducshop Special
07 1098 Track Bike
03 999R
02 ST4S
00 996SPS
00 RC51
95 900SS SP
93 db2
93 888SPO
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 2012, 6:39 pm

DB4ie full fairing of course it ended high its perfect

they said it was the best driving Bimota they have made did you think it would be in the price range of that more common DB4 that everyone has seen. ? there might be 3 of those in that color in the USA , that one the collector sold on ebay for almost 12,000 remember it was 21,000 back in year 2000.
that isn't something that will come around every day
that collector tried for 15,000 for his red silver one with zero miles.
I believe the yellow one had some miles on it, they must have enjoyed it
compared to the garage queens they never put any miles on.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2012, 5:40 am

I realize it was a very rare color combination but I'm not a big fan of the oval frame design. I really prefer the db2. Mine has a 944 kit and flat slides .... a real hot rod.

12 1199 Tricolor
10 MTS 1200S
08 1098R
08 Hyper 1100S Ducshop Special
07 1098 Track Bike
03 999R
02 ST4S
00 996SPS
00 RC51
95 900SS SP
93 db2
93 888SPO
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2012, 11:00 am

showing off the aircraft aluminum links to swingarm perfectly

its not the frame like a SB6 for sure, it has nice welds and 6061 aircraft aluminum at 11 lbs.
Talk about looking solid and a perfect link that matches to the rear swingarm.
When you take a yellow, carbon black metallic and silver belly, and see how it matches all that aluminum, you have a winning combination. Even the divided silver spoke wheels are a perfect match. The DB2 to me is dated with that one piece bodywork and pipes under seat. Walking up to them it looks like where a DB4 's first attempt might have started. Its plain to see how finished off the DB4ie is. When I first saw how they didnt just put a solid orange cover over the turn signals, but actually a clear lense with orange plastic inside the assembly. This only tells you how Bimota thought of everything to improve over the DB2 to dazzle the potential buyer. Its all in the little details well put together that either make or break the new design.

All the bodywork is removed piece by piece , taking off only sections where needed. I really wouldn't want to slide the whole bodywork piece forward as done on a DB2 or SB6 , really unnecessary like the DB4ie.
This is not a boxy design but a smooth flowing design. Being a biposta actually accentuates the tail section. Why not include a riding partner to bring her into the fun .
The frame perfectly goes with that bike, giving it such a meaty solid look that makes you see that it not only looks special, but is stiff enough to provide more stability.
Who said it had to be even close to the DB2 ??? See how that got things going, the frame on the DB7 , even though its painted , it gives a fuller more stable look and feel. So many bike manufacturers are trying to mix it up. Maybe those skimpy looking frames
are getting outdated for newer designs and better technology. If you get something that looks stronger and is stronger, why not incorporate it into a special design that blends into a newer designed bodywork. Just look how bicycle frames have evolved.
Sorry , but with more years and attempts, plus fuel injection , they put together a stunning package. I've been up close to one , but never grabbed one when I had the chance.

Last edited by goodoldguy; Apr 15th, 2012 at 12:41 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode