Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Integrated TURN SIGNALS in MIRRORS

18K views 111 replies 22 participants last post by  ITACUD750 
#1 ·
Hey all....

I have a 2000 SS.

I bought these mirrors with integrated lights by Ducati:
http://www.ducati.com/shop/product.jsp?catid=cat1020121&prodid=prod840118

...and have found that the BULBS in these are NOT THAT BRIGHT and to top it off when the mirrors are positioned correctly..for my viewing pleasure...most of the REFLECTOR LIGHT faces the ground.

Has anyone substituted these, what I believe to be 194 wedged bulbs for LEDs? The bulbs are 1-1/2" long x 3/4" wide #12V10W.

Any suggestions?

#2 ·
i know what you mean, but at night cars can see them.

however, open them up and make sure your bulbs are in there well enough. mine on the right hand side eventually vibrated their way out.

believe me, i didnt put them on for the respectable view they give the driver... i put them on to take off the Harry Potter DVD box set sized stock signals.

you might want to consider enhancing your viewing area with a convex bar end mirror.

#4 ·
i have some of these but after market, they cost me $79.95 nzd :D
i found that the LED's are not that great but like s14unimog said, who cares, they look good! lol
i just bought a set for john of this site and he seems to like them also, for his 2000 900ss :)

#7 ·
I've had mine on my bike for almost two years now. The bulbs are beginning to fade, so they are blinking more white, than orange (they must be orange here in Denmark). Instead of buying new bulbs I think I will make a small LED insert with orange LED's that fits inside the glass. These will last much, much longer with no fading, and will be much more bright than the original bulbs...

#9 ·
Hey all....

I have a 2000 SS.

I bought these mirrors with integrated lights by Ducati:
http://www.ducati.com/shop/product.jsp?catid=cat1020121&prodid=prod840118

...and have found that the BULBS in these are NOT THAT BRIGHT and to top it off when the mirrors are positioned correctly..for my viewing pleasure...most of the REFLECTOR LIGHT faces the ground.

Has anyone substituted these, what I believe to be 194 wedged bulbs for LEDs? The bulbs are 1-1/2" long x 3/4" wide #12V10W.

Any suggestions?
I've been considering these for a while now. How much are they and do they come with a cover for the hole the stock blinkers come from?

#11 ·
goyaohboyajr - you're right it was a good choice to get these to get rid of the stock HARRY POTTER BOX DVD set stock signals!!!! LOL

To all - thank you all for your feedback. I'm still figuring out if I should simply get NEW brighter incandescent 10w + bulbs, or LED bulbs?

I'm even thinking of INTERCHANGING the mirrors altogether....i know there's a small hole at the bottom of each of the mirrors to allow water to pour out and would probably cover it and make a new one at the bottom, once they are switched. They definitely would show MORE of the lights facing forward more!

I dunno..just a thought....

#12 ·
They definitely would show MORE of the lights facing forward more!

I dunno..just a thought....
I think the situation is more the very low intensity of the bulb than the position/angle. When I have made my LED inserts I'll let you know ;)

#13 ·
goyaohboyajr Quote:
Originally Posted by catilover
i have some of these but after market, they cost me $79.95 nzd
i found that the LED's are not that great but like s14unimog said, who cares, they look good! lol
i just bought a set for john of this site and he seems to like them also, for his 2000 900ss

yours also doesnt say "Ducati Performance" on the glass, do they?
no mine dont say "ducati performance" i can write it in there tho and save $100! lol they are mirrors, lok good and work the same haha.
i dropped a pair off this weekend for a guy with a 2000 900ss and they look awsome :)

#15 ·
so I got mine, like I had said, and the one thing I've noticed is that they are really pointy and they seem to stick out more than I had hoped. I ended up trading my severely dented and rusted tank for them so at least I don't have too much cash value invested.

Personally if I had to buy them again, I wouldn't....

But I guess at least they are better than having stock blinkers and stock mirrors. I guess....

^ try your link, it still not working like you want

#16 ·
#18 ·
Brighter bulbs

I changed my rear indicators for some brilliant little ones off eBay Australia - 21 W halogens and they are superbright. To modify integrated mirror or other indicators, find a supplier who can supply 21 W halogen lamps AND a BAY9S base. The Y means the locating pins are at 120 degrees rather than 180 (directly opposite) My rear indicators cost about AUD 47 delivered in Australia for a pair from eBay, so if you really wanted to, buy these, strip out the lamp base and lamp and stick them in the assembly you have.

Just search eBay Australia for "tiny halogen indicators" and ignore the bike type, they are all the same. Mine have done about 5,000 kM faultlessly.

Richard

#20 · (Edited)
Just finished my LED replacements for the weak bulbs... Much, much stronger flash (I used high intensity LED's) :) Man, during testing I looked directly into the diodes and I still have orange spots floating around in front of me ;)

PS... They cost me around $30 for the pair and the LED's will last forever...

Attachments

#25 ·
The Ducati Performance mirror/blinkers comes with some billet aluminium plugs to cover the holes...

Attachments

#28 ·
#29 ·
''Ram air'' for the rear cylinder. Those things are on the full fairings of all the +99 SS bikes (as far as I know)...

#30 ·
Question and suggestion

Really nice. Question - as per another post, what is the overall length of the DP miror and stem?

If I may be so bold - have you thought about subtle light grey decals or even Duc red to finish it off? If you google cutgrafix they supplied superb stock decals for my 01 model. They may/should be able to do other colours.

#31 ·
If I may be so bold - have you thought about subtle light grey decals or even Duc red to finish it off?
That's been mentioned before (by me), but I think maybe the charcoal grey decals like Chuck has on his?

STILL hate the look of the integrated mirror/signals though. Sorry, they just don't compliment the lines of the bike at all to my eyes.

Looks like a piss-poor ear crop on a Doberman.

#33 ·
Yeah, especially the ZX10 mirrors together with those blinkers that looks like something from an 80's Ninja...

Man it's amazing that critterdoc has to repeat himself over and over and over and over again; that he hates these mirrors. That they look like shit, piss-poor... bla bla bla bla... Critter; grow up or stay away from these threads. Your stupid and childish insults are getting sooooo annoying...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.