Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Possibly missing a part

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  brutus72 
#1 ·
I believe I'm missing the black rubber or plastic piece between the rear sprocket flange and rear wheel as shown in this photo:

I had the BMW dealer install new tires before I purchased the bike as it still had it's original 2002 date coded tires on it, I'm wondering if it got misplaced. It doesn't appear that Ducati sells it seperately according to this photo:

Does anyone know a source for it or have one laying around perhaps?

See less See more
#4 ·
Ok thanks! While cleaning my chain (after getting caught in the rain the other day... twice now on the Duc after going years without getting wet lol) I noticed that it appeared I had a tiny gap between the flange and the wheel, so I went to do some research and that photo showed up under a google image part number search on the flange. Looking at it again just now I realize that photo is of a newer Monster's part. It uses the same flange as our Sport Tourers but apparently the 2009 696 adds that rubber piece although it says " 71313501A SPACER (SARCHESINI ONLY)".

#8 ·
I believe I'm missing the black rubber or plastic piece between the rear sprocket flange and rear wheel as shown in this photo:
I have always had one in my 99 ST4 rear wheel.....it's a CUSH DRIVE. It's made from cast aluminum? surrounded by rubber and the pegs are steel screwed into the aluminum....see the indented hex heads? When installed into the wheel the pegs are hidden and only the outside of the drive barely shows and is hidden behind the sprocket. I have the stock 3 spoke wheels that were original on the bike.

I had the BMW dealer install new tires before I purchased the bike as it still had it's original 2002 date coded tires on it, I'm wondering if it got misplaced. It doesn't appear that Ducati sells it seperately according to this photo:

Does anyone know a source for it or have one laying around perhaps?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.