Craving a second bike, you? - Page 5 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 59 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2017, 10:16 am

I just started building my new race bike for next season, KTM 380 (2-stroke) this bike has a wicked amount of power. I found a loaded 125sx with ohlins shock and applied triple with KYBs done by Enzo, everything should swap over to the 380 frame. should have it ready to go in a couple days
DuckMan, Sid Post, jahjah and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 59 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2017, 10:26 am
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+

Garage
Gotta see this when itís ready! Sounds awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike
2006 999, 2007 S2R1000
post #43 of 59 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2017, 1:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMan View Post
Gotta see this when itís ready! Sounds awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am actually planning on doing a race down near Houston the first weekend in December, I'm planning on bringing the 380 if its ready, if you come by ill let you ride it!

post #44 of 59 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2017, 10:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleup View Post
The shop I work at just brought in a low km Monster 1200 on trade, it's very tempting. There is also photo and rumor circulating that Yamaha has a new XT500 Dual Sport about to drop. Waiting to see what get announced at the Italian and German motorcycle shows. If a modern XT500 comes to North America, I'm in.
It's the new Tenere 700. Looks like a sweet option. However, it remains to be seen if it will come to the USA as the previous versions never did and there are a lot of unsold 1200 Tenere's here now.
post #45 of 59 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
It's the new Tenere 700. Looks like a sweet option. However, it remains to be seen if it will come to the USA as the previous versions never did and there are a lot of unsold 1200 Tenere's here now.
No I was thinking of this.....

2005 ST3, 2006 SuperSport 800
It is original only once
post #46 of 59 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2017, 2:02 pm

Quote:
No I was thinking of this.....
https://youtu.be/DI1TWCSYNvU
Cool concept bike! I always wanted an XT660 myself but, a classic dual-sport XT500 twin cylinder would be sweet too.
post #47 of 59 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2017, 3:52 pm

Quote:
Cool concept bike! I always wanted an XT660 myself but, a classic dual-sport XT500 twin cylinder would be sweet too.
Sure would be sweet. Unfortunately the likelihood of it going into production is pretty slim.

It is original only once
post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2017, 8:18 am

Quote:
Sure would be sweet. Unfortunately, the likelihood of it going into production is pretty slim.
I have wanted a KTM 640 Adventure for a very long time. Hopefully, the KTM 690/790 LC8 engined demo/concept being shown around enters the market in 2019 as suggested in various places. The Yamaha 700 Tenere is the other one I have my eye on.

I have come close to getting a BMW Sertao or Dakar but, finding one that is priced for condition is a real challenge. Either they want too much for an out of production model or, they sell in two blinks of the eye (which why they are so expensive in the first place ).

A clean BWM RT might end up getting the nod first as the weather and wind protection is becoming more important as I get into longer rides (multiday multistate). I never have been a naked bike sort of guy but, the new Moster 821 is tempting as is the Multistrada though they are getting close in price to a nice Mustang or SUV pseudo-adventure option.
post #49 of 59 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2017, 8:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlien View Post
I just started building my new race bike for next season, KTM 380 (2-stroke) this bike has a wicked amount of power. I found a loaded 125sx with ohlins shock and applied triple with KYBs done by Enzo, everything should swap over to the 380 frame. should have it ready to go in a couple days
I rode a KTM MX380 once. That thing was a real beast and so far ahead of my skill level at the time, I'm grateful I didn't seriously hurt myself.

Good luck with the upgrades!
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2017, 8:57 am

Quote:
I have wanted a KTM 640 Adventure for a very long time. Hopefully, the KTM 690/790 LC8 engined demo/concept being shown around enters the market in 2019 as suggested in various places. The Yamaha 700 Tenere is the other one I have my eye on.
The KTM 790 concept looks awesome. I really like the direction some of these mid size adventure bikes are going. The problem for me is the seat height, all though the KTM looks reasonable. I work in a shop that sells BMW and Yamaha so if purchasing new I'd stick to those two brands. I fit the current BMW 700GS or a factory lowered 800GS. I suspect the new 750/850GS will be similar. The current Yamaha WR250R is way too tall for me and just going from the pics/videos and the comment made by one of the presenters at EIMCA I suspect the 700 Tenere will be too tall for me also.

We are a Ducati dealer also so a Desert Sled still remains a possibility. We have over 2000 kms of gravel roads in the province I live in, I want a bike suitable to explore them. If i was being logical I'd just get a Suzuki DR650SE, which we also sell, and be done with it. It's really all I would need. Motorcycles are rarely sold based on logic, haha.

It is original only once

Last edited by saddleup; Nov 11th, 2017 at 9:11 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode