Equivalent Parts for ST Bikes - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 106 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2012, 1:31 pm

Well done, all ! Very helpful information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonered View Post
I'm feeling confident enough to add the oil cooler o-rings to this thread.

Parker series 5-204 o-rings are replacements for the Duc o-rings leading to the oil cooler on some bikes. It seems that they changed the fittings over the years. Mine had two o-rings on each hose fitting that mates to the threaded fittings just forward of the oil pump.

These o-rings are NOT the standard AS568A type. Those have a minimum width of 1/8in. The Parker series 5-204 are 0.036in wide. You can see these in the linked spec:
http://www.darcoid.com/images/upload...XX%20sizes.pdf

The ones I orders are non-viton and a tad smaller I.D. compared to the originals. The Parker series 5-209 might work and be the same I.D., but I have not tried these.

It seems that prices can vary wildly for these. I found 12 of them for $20, delivered.

Have a good one.

bevel 450

71 bevel desmo speciale ( in process )
93 888 SPO ( license #46 WLF )
94 M-900
02 ST4s
67 Norton P-11 Flat tracker for dedicated terror on the streets of Los Angeles ( license NOBRAKE) !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 106 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:26 am
Mr Leakered

Garage
Quote:
NAPA OP6172 for the oil pressure switch. You'll most likely need to crimp on a new connector. I did.
Heads up. The NAPA switch is not as robust as it looks. It has been seeping lately. On the way in this morning, the oil light went on. I didn't even bother to stop as a similar thing happened with one of the Duc switches. At the office, a quick peek showed a good bit of oil around the top rim of the part.

As a glutton for punishment, I'm going to try one more NAPA switch just for giggles.

Have a good one.

tony b
2001 ST4 - Thumper
2013 Ural GearUp (sold)
post #23 of 106 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 6:39 pm
Prolific Poster Award

Fuel pump relay,

from advance auto it's Borg Warner # R3112 around $9

"Beware the lollypop of mediocrity; one lick and you suck forever. " Timothy Leary

“Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even usually surpassing knowledge.” EJ Potter

Robert
2015 Multistrada TourS
Past 99 ST4 Red
2003 ST4s Red
2 750 GTs
1961 Velocette in 1953 Featherbed

post #24 of 106 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2012, 8:29 am

This entry was in the SS area, and the concern was with the oil temp sender. This sender has the identical temp/resistance values that ours do, so this data is very interchangeable with our ST's. In here are 3 sensors: Air Temp; Fluid Temp; Barometric pressure transducer. Big thanks to knracing, who published this data!

Note that the pressure transducer has a small graph that indicates linearity, and 4.75V = 1 Bar (sea level pressure).

knracing wrote:
I do not really understand your problem. But here is the information for your bike.
Ducati 750SS ie -01
ECU Air temp sensor ATS 05
Located near the instrument.
Tech spec
http://www.magneti-marelli.com/downl...ats_web_01.pdf
So a 3,75 kOhm resistor will give you 20 deg C
The corresponding correction trim factor for the fuel in the ECU are:
Temp Factor
+ 41 deg C 0.9766
+ 29 deg C 1.0000
+ 17 deg C 1.0156
+ 05 deg C 1.0625

ECU Engine temp sensor WTS 09
Located in the horizontel intake valve cover
Tech spec
http://home.kpn.nl/duran103/pics/wts05%20v4.pdf
So a 530 Ohm resistor will give you 70 deg C
The corresponding correction trim factor for the fuel in the ECU are:
Temp Factor
+ 89 deg C 1.0000
+ 77 deg C 1.0000
+ 65 deg C 1.0078
+ 53 deg C 1.0234

Engine Oil temp sensor for the temp gauge (instrument) (If you have one)
Located in the oil mesh filter on the right hand side of engine.
Only used for the temp gauge. This one has nothing to do with the ECU.
To my best knowledge the combined sensor spec follows the single sensors.
So
Pressure sensor 100kpa
http://www.mmcompsys.com/uploads/med...RT02_03_06.pdf
Here is an older version with better info
http://www.100prozentoffner.at/filea...s_03_04_06.pdf

Temp sensor
http://www.mmcompsys.com/uploads/med...ats_web_01.pdf

Stick -~~~- Need an adrenaline rush? Shove a DUC between your legs.
Present DUCs: 2013 MTS1200S GT, 2003 ST4S, 2001 ST2, 1996 900 SS/CR, 1996 900 SS/SP
post #25 of 106 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 9:53 am
Mr Leakered

Garage
Quote:
I'm feeling confident enough to add the oil cooler o-rings to this thread.

Parker series 5-204 o-rings are replacements for the Duc o-rings leading to the oil cooler on some bikes. It seems that they changed the fittings over the years. Mine had two o-rings on each hose fitting that mates to the threaded fittings just forward of the oil pump.

These o-rings are NOT the standard AS568A type. Those have a minimum width of 1/8in. The Parker series 5-204 are 0.036in wide. You can see these in the linked spec:
http://www.darcoid.com/images/upload...XX%20sizes.pdf

The ones I orders are non-viton and a tad smaller I.D. compared to the originals. The Parker series 5-209 might work and be the same I.D., but I have not tried these.

It seems that prices can vary wildly for these. I found 12 of them for $20, delivered.

Have a good one.
As an updated on the 5-204 o-rings. They are holding well but are not easy to find. Here is a link to a supplier for a Viton version:
1.0mm CS : The O-ring Store - Where you can find a huge selection of o-rings, hydraulic seals, o-ring kits and accessories!, We make placing your o-ring order and getting o-rings as easy as possible! Get the o-ring seals you need, in your hands, at a

The 1mm x 7.5mm or 8mm should work if you compare it to the linked spec for the 5-204.

Have a good one.

tony b
2001 ST4 - Thumper
2013 Ural GearUp (sold)
post #26 of 106 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2012, 8:48 pm
Mr Leakered

Garage
The NAPA oil switch (NAPA part number OP6172) is not working for me. See the recent thread. The second one when down in much less time than the first.

Sorry guys. I'm plugging the hole and either sourcing the VW part or going with a gauge.

Have a good one.

tony b
2001 ST4 - Thumper
2013 Ural GearUp (sold)
post #27 of 106 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2012, 8:21 am

Timing belt Idler pulley bearings on 99 ST4 are 6003 2RS use good quality bearing like SKF or FAG no cheap bearing here theses spin ungodly RPM that lesser quality electric motor bearings would never see.
FAG's ran me $14 at and industrial supply house.

99 Ducati ST4. Fast by Ferracci Carbon cans and Ultimap ECU

"Smok'in the competition NOT Tobacco"
"Transplant organs, Don't bury them!"
post #28 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2012, 4:33 am
Life is too short to worry !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb4265 View Post
Just got quoted $49.00 each bearing by Ducati dealer, picked them up for $6.70 each at a local bearing supplier.

It pays to shop around.

Craig
Can anybody confirm that the wheel bearings for an ST2 are the same for an '05 ST4s ? If not does anybody have the part number for the ST2 so that I can compare with mine ?
Want to collect a pair from a bearing shop next week.
Cheers

"The Grey Assassin" - 2005 ST4s
Goldvalves , Re-sprung rear Ohlins , Tapered headrace bearings , Galfer Front Discs , Open airbox with K&N filter , Iridium NGK's with Magnecor Leads , 15/42T Cogs , Helibars with Oxford heated grips , HID Lights , CRG 'Stubby' Levers , Zero Gravity DB Dark Screen , Twin-Tone Fiamm Horns plus a bunch of 'detailing' modifications.
post #29 of 106 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2012, 4:48 am
Prolific Poster Award

Garage
I can't confirm 100% but logic tells me that all ST models share the same wheel bearings along with other models that use the same wheels.

Number on the bearing is 6005 2RS

Craig

Ducati 998S FE 2004
Ducati ST4S 2003
Cagiva Mito 125 1993 Bucket racer
post #30 of 106 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 2:04 pm
Life is too short to worry !

Thanks Craig but the problem is that the 4s (and 3s ?) both come with the 5 spoke Marchessinis' so dontn think I can take that gamble as the bearing shop is 40 miles away and I am combining calling in there with collection my car from servicing.

"The Grey Assassin" - 2005 ST4s
Goldvalves , Re-sprung rear Ohlins , Tapered headrace bearings , Galfer Front Discs , Open airbox with K&N filter , Iridium NGK's with Magnecor Leads , 15/42T Cogs , Helibars with Oxford heated grips , HID Lights , CRG 'Stubby' Levers , Zero Gravity DB Dark Screen , Twin-Tone Fiamm Horns plus a bunch of 'detailing' modifications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode