Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - View Single Post - $8k, Starter, I Don't Get It . . .
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2008, 3:05 pm
MB4duc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tminus3 View Post
The only thing that really bothers me, is the lack of aftermarket support for the SS. Everything is 749,999,848 and 1098. Even the Monster and Hypermotard have more aftermarket support than the SS. That aspect of it bothers me a bit, which will eventually be one of the main reasons I will shift over to one of the superbikes. It won't be just for power.
I just talked with one of my buddies about the opposite point: I have so much aftermarket stuff on my SS now (see signature), that I'm piling boxes in the basement with all the original parts...

This weekend I just added a new clutch slave and since the company I bought the clutch slave from also have these cool CNC machined fuel caps I just ''happened'' to buy one of them also. If I continue like this I will have the entire original bike in parts in my basement, so I guess I'm happy that there is a lack of aftermarket support for the SS

Morten, SS1000DS (2005)

Mods: DP pipes, ecu, air filter, mirror indicators and solo seat. 42t sprocket & DID chain. MPL billet sprocket cover, clutch cover & pressure plate. Carbon belt covers, hugger and front fender. Rear fender eliminator and integrated tail light. MRA double bubble screen. Galfer wave rotors. Rizoma billet aluminium fluid resevoirs and bar end weights.
Mods in progress: Billet top triple, ETI fuel cell, custom half fairing and new paintwork, maybe tricolore?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome